Style and Design
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Feb 16

Mathis Brothers replaced the La-Z-Boy recliners at no cost.

Update by user Feb 16

La-Z-Boy recliners delivered, time will tell if they have upgraded the quality of their products.

Update by user Feb 16

I emailed La-Z-Boy to confirm that the new recliners replacing the defective ones have been improved with new leather dye and an improved cushion.This is the email response I received, I spoke with a Mathis Brothers Salesman today.

He told me La-Z-Boy has corrected the leather dye and cushion degradation problems on newer products. They are going to replace the recliners with identical models. He said they were upgraded fixing the problems I experienced. Is this true?

Please advise, I need confirmation to trust another La-Z-Boy purchase from Mathis Brothers. La-Z-Boy: "All leather is built to last with proper maintenance.

If you are concerned that the issue may happen again, we would advise choosing a fabric piece." La-Z-Boy did NOT confirm the recliners were improved as the salesman stated.I guess time will tell, Mathis Brothers is delivering new recliners tomorrow.

Update by user Feb 07

This is the Mathis Brothers website page with the specs and warranty information. http://www.mathisbrothers.com/living-room-furniture/recliners/contemporary-40%22-rocker-recliner-in-khaki/LZB-10%2F740-LB127039.html

Update by user Feb 07

On 1-31-2018 a Mathis Brothers sent a person to our house to spray color the discolored area on the La-Z-Boy recliner.It looks a lot better, almost as good as original.

He noted the degradation and deformity of the seat cushion as well. Today on 2-7-2018, I spoke with a Mathis Brothers customer service representative. The customer service representative informed me that we would be given full credit for two new recliners. The salesman at Mathis Brothers has informed me that La-Z-Boy has corrected the leather dye and cushion degradation problems associated with my purchase on all of their newer products.

The salesman told me they removed all of the old Lay-Z-Boy products associated with the problems I have identified on this post from their showrooms. Based on the salesman's words, I will be replacing the recliners with identical products wit upgraded materials. Time will tell if La-Z-Boy has corrected the product deficiencies and I can again trust La-Z-Boy quality. La-Z-Boy also contacted me through email and asked if they could be of any further assistance if I am not satisfied with Mathis Brothers.

This is appreciated as the manufacturer and distributer are both concerned with correcting the problem.I will update this post after the new recliners have been delivered.

Update by user Jan 23

The Mathis Brothers leather coloring agent is scheduled for 1-31-2018.I also called the Mathis Brothers salesman who sold me the two recliners.

He told me he would review the report from the coloring agent and contact his supervisors to resolve the problem.I will update this situation soon.

Original review posted by user Jan 22

I have the same problem, bought two La-Z-Boy recliners in a khacki color less than a year ago.I noticed the top of the back cushion where your head rests on one of them (that is used more often), the dye has rubbed off leaving a much lighter beige color.

I bought both recliners for $2,400 and paid Mathis Brothers $223 for a furniture protection plan. I called the company servicing the furniture protection plan. They told me discoloration is not covered! They said I would have to call La-Z-Boy.

I called La-Z-Boy, they gave me a case number and told me to call Mathis Brothers. Mathis Brothers is sending a person out to recolor the damaged cushion. When the person called me to set a date to repair the cushion, I asked him if this is normal. He told me that La-Z-Boy is not the only manufacturer having this dye problem.

He said many others are having the same problem.

I guess buying any leather furniture that is not the natural color is a big risk.I am going to sue Mathis Brothers if they don't replace the recliners.

Review about: Lazboy Recliner.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Did not offer to replace faulty recliners.

Additional problem is the deformation of the seat cushion.

Lazboy Verified Representative

Thanks for reaching out to us about your chair.We're so sorry for your dissatisfaction with the piece and for your frustration regarding the service you've received.

Our team would love the opportunity to further investigate.

Please send an email to socialsupport@la-z-boy.com with your name, address, telephone number and the name/city/state of the retailer you purchased from.Please also include review number 1174040 in the subject line of your email.

La-Z-Boy Incorporated

to LaZBoy #1429793

Thank-you, I will email you and keep this post updated.