Lazboy - Brand new custom made sofa with 5-inches hole in the fabric after one month of use

I paid $2966.01 for two custom made couches (one sofa and one smaller loveseat) at La-z-Boy Furniture Galleries, 7087 Academy Blvd Col. Springs CO 80920, on January 16, 2016. The models are Asher LA-Z-Time and Asher LA-Z-Time sofa.

I received the couches on February 23, 2016 and was very disappointed to see that they were not manufactured properly and had insufficient stuffing. LA-Z-BOY agreed that the couches were defective and on March 15, 2016 they came back to my house and took the couches for repair. The couches were repaired and arrived On April 25, 2016 to our home. On June 1, I sat on my new couch and the fabric ripped (photos available). The hole in the fabric is about 5 inches long.

I went to the store to report damage and poor quality of my new sofas. I spoke with sales person Brent Adams about the issue asking for my money back. He told me they would not refund it because the product was custom made. He was very discourteous and rude. He put the manager business card on the reception counter top and told me to e-mail him sending pictures of the damaged sofa. He turned his back on me and left. After my frustration on June 4, 2016, I e-mailed the service manager Derek Fritz without any luck. He never answered.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Style and Design

• What I liked
    • Good delivery service
  • What I disliked
    • Companys indifference
    • Poor quality
    • Do not stand by their product
    • Bad customer service

Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Jul 22 #1188365 Chicago, Illinois

Lazboy verified representative

Thanks for contacting us about your Asher sofa and loveseat. We apologize for your dissatisfaction regarding the cushions and for the tear in the fabric.
Our team would be more than happy to further investigate. Please send an email to with review number 876894 in the subject line.
La-Z-Boy Incorporated

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Lazboy. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Lazboy.
Filing a new complaint about