2.4
Style and Design

I have always liked Lazyboy recliners having owned three over the years.A couple of years ago I purchased a leather recliner and what a mistake that turned out to be.

The fabric started peeling and cracking. I contacted Lazyboy and they said I should file a claim with the company providing the fabric protection warranty. The company denied the claim saying they covered only punctures and stains and this would be classified as a defect due to quality and craftsmanship of the leather. Lazboy offered to repair the section of fabric but I would be responsible for the cost of the fabric and labor which would be more than $200.

I thought the offer was outrageous considering the recliner cost around $700 and the damaged area in question was only small patch of material. No other offer was provided. So now about a year after I first complained the recliner looks horrible. The leather continues to crack and peel to the point there is not much of the recliner that has not been affected.

So let this be a warning.

Stay away from any Lazyboy leather furniture.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of poor materials and poor workmanship. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss damaged or defective of lazboy recliner and associated monetary loss in the amount of $700. Lazboy needs to issue a partial refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned lazboy recliner in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Lazboy.

Had an Experience with Lazboy?

Comments

It's bonded leather, meaning its the lowest grade of leather available.Hence why the sofa only cost $700.

Bonded leather will crack and peel regardless of how well it is maintained.

I'll warn everyone interested in purchasing leather to make sure you know what grade of leather you are getting. There are four grades: full grain, top grain, genuine, and bonded-quality in descending order.

Even genuine leather is not that great.If you want leather furniture, save yourself from having to repurchase every 2 years and spend more on quality.

Purchased big boy lazy boy recliner. Yep just over year the leather crumbling and peeling. No more lazy boys for me---must be really cheap leather.

Forest, Virginia, United States #1268733

Not leather, some sort of imitation product. If it was sold to you as genuine leather, you've been had. Don't blame La-Z-Boy, blame the store.

LaZBoy
Monroe, Michigan, United States #1223752
Lazboy Verified Representative

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us about your recliner.We apologize for your frustrating regarding the leather peeling, and for the service you've received.

Our team would be happy to further investigate.

Please send an email to socialsupport@la-z-boy.com with your name,address, telephone number and retailers information.Please include review #929372 in the subject line.

Regards,

La-Z-Boy Incorporated

Olyphant, Pennsylvania, United States #1222114

We experienced an issue as well.Had a dark brown leather sofa, love seat and recliner which turned pink.

Also paid extra for the warranty to cover any issues w leather, but Guardsman also refused to even look at our furniture. Said it wasn't covered because it was caused by body chemistry. What a crock. Contacted La Z Boy where purchased and they offer no help at all.

But the salesman did tell us to puncture the furniture and give them a call back, ya right, things would have been much worse.Will NEVER purchase from La Z Boy again.Would recommend buying a cheaper brand of furniture and replacing it more frequently.

shaverg
to Anonymous Statesville, North Carolina, United States #1239853

Same here, exact same problem, same outcome.

to shaverg #1330193

Same here in NZ and the manufacturer tells me it is the seller's problem. Chair is just over 3 years old

to Walter Greenville, South Carolina, United States #1343528

Same here.Had to jump through hoops to get our recliner taken care of when it started flaking.

Same thing as above, they tried to say it was my husband's chemistry that caused the peeling.Now our couch and love seat are flaking and peeling. When we were shopping for our furniture, we were told by Lazy Boy, how durable and better than leather the material of the couch we bought was. Total crock. Not going to deal with the store this time around.

Checking with an attorney or seeing if there is a class action legal route we can take.

Spent too much money on furniture that is lightly used since it is in our formal living room and not subject to day to day wear.We have lost our trust in the Lazy Boy brand and it's customer service.They need to own the false claims and correct the situation.