Lazboy - Cracked and Peeling leather Lazyboy recliner

86 of 666 Lazboy reviews

I have always liked Lazyboy recliners having owned three over the years.A couple of years ago I purchased a leather recliner and what a mistake that turned out to be.

The fabric started peeling and cracking. I contacted Lazyboy and they said I should file a claim with the company providing the fabric protection warranty. The company denied the claim saying they covered only punctures and stains and this would be classified as a defect due to quality and craftsmanship of the leather. Lazboy offered to repair the section of fabric but I would be responsible for the cost of the fabric and labor which would be more than $200.

I thought the offer was outrageous considering the recliner cost around $700 and the damaged area in question was only small patch of material. No other offer was provided. So now about a year after I first complained the recliner looks horrible. The leather continues to crack and peel to the point there is not much of the recliner that has not been affected.

So let this be a warning.

Stay away from any Lazyboy leather furniture.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Style and Design

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Poor materials and poor workmanship

Reason of review:
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
86 of 666 Lazboy reviews
Mike

Feb 18 #1290375

Purchased big boy lazy boy recliner. Yep just over year the leather crumbling and peeling. No more lazy boys for me---must be really cheap leather.

Jan 10 #1268733 Forest, Virginia, United States

Not leather, some sort of imitation product. If it was sold to you as genuine leather, you've been had. Don't blame La-Z-Boy, blame the store.

LaZBoy

Oct 07, 2016 #1223752 Monroe, Michigan, United States

Lazboy verified representative

Hello,
Thanks for reaching out to us about your recliner. We apologize for your frustrating regarding the leather peeling, and for the service you've received. Our team would be happy to further investigate.
Please send an email to socialsupport@la-z-boy.com with your name,address, telephone number and retailers information. Please include review #929372 in the subject line.
Regards,
La-Z-Boy Incorporated

Oct 03, 2016 #1222114 Olyphant, Pennsylvania, United States

We experienced an issue as well. Had a dark brown leather sofa, love seat and recliner which turned pink. Also paid extra for the warranty to cover any issues w leather, but Guardsman also refused to even look at our furniture. Said it wasn't covered because it was caused by body chemistry. What a crock. Contacted La Z Boy where purchased and they offer no help at all. But the salesman did tell us to puncture the furniture and give them a call back, ya right, things would have been much worse.Will NEVER purchase from La Z Boy again. Would recommend buying a cheaper brand of furniture and replacing it more frequently.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.