5808 US Highway 19, New Port Richey, FL 34652
Featured Not resolved
1.3

Update by user Oct 02, 2019

Have written it off. No further contact offered or desired.

Original review posted by user Sep 02, 2019

I bought a Lazy Boy recliner in what the sales person calls "top grade leather." The cost on sale: $1515.04. After a year or so, the leather on the arms cracked, the seat cushion leather discolored and cracked; and now, the head rest leather disintegrated leaving me with a gaping hole through the leather so that now, the head rest shows the cushion stuffing.

The local store, in essence said "pound sand." I called the La-Z-Boy corporate office. The representative there was much more polite but it seems that they can do nothing much either other than "suggest" to the local store that they might offer a modest discount if I wanted to buy another chair. For the price, the performance of the chair covering remains outrageous, far below any reasonable standard of quality. I even asked if, at my cost, they would recover the chair in a more durable fabric.

I did not want to take a chance on the same covering.

Even when I suggested that I would buy a second chair in the more durable replacement fabric so that I would have two matching chairs, they were unable to accommodate me. I will never buy a Lay-Z-Boy product again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lazboy Recliner.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Lazboy Cons: Quality of leather.

• La-Z-Boy Poor Quality Leather

Comments

I guess what the manufacturer means is that if one does not sit in the chair, then the leather will not crack or disintegrate.

LaZBoy

Hello, we appreciate you reaching out to us about your recliner. Our team would love the opportunity to further investigate.

Please send an email to socialsupport@la-z-boy.com with your name, address, telephone number and the name/location of the retailer you purchased from.

Please include review number 1642425 in the subject line of your email. Regards, La-Z-Boy Incorporated

Lazboy Reviews