Lazboy - Defective dye job

Bought Lazy-Boy recliner 4 years ago, we are snowbirds so actual use 20 months, contacted Customer service and went through the motions with them.The problem is the dye was wearing off, they offered to repair at my expense, paid $800 on sale and they wanted more to repair, the renewed leather is fine, just a problem with the dye.

Googled my problem and found, they pretty well matched my original color, I applied 2 coats of dye over the complete recliner followed up with a clear glaze coat 72 hours later, it came better than new, cost me $100 and I have enough to redo 2 more times. I was not happy with Lazy-Boy in not accepting any responsibility for a defective product and they said the dye would not adhere, well I can tell you they were wrong.

I was not about to throw out the chair or purchase a new one from Lazy-Boy.......Buyer beware !

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Do not stand by their product

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Product or service
Lazboy Calvin Recliner
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #817988 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lazboy? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Mar 30 #1136569

Lazboy verified representative

Thank you for taking the time to contact us about your Calvin recliner. We are very sorry for your frustration regarding the dye coming off of your leather chair.
We are happy to hear you were able to reach satisfaction using a leather restoration company.
If you have any questions or additional concerns in the future please do not hesitate to email
La-Z-Boy Incorporated

0 0 Reply

Mar 30 #1136606

"Without prejudice or malice"
Like I said I went through the motions with your Company.......correction I did not go through what you call a restoration company, I found on Google and purchased the dye from them and did the work on my own, was a waste of time and energy in trying to deal with you people....I just wanted others .....and there are plenty of others to know that there is a solution without getting frustrated with Lazy-Boy.
Have a good day !

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Lazboy. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Lazboy.
Filing a new complaint about