Lazboy - Defective Material on LazyBoy Loveseat & Couch

We purchased our Loveseat & Couch from Lazyboy in Jacksonville FL.The Loveseat begin peeling on one cushion within in six months of delivery.

They did replace the cushion. A little of one year; March of this year I noticed that the material is peeling again on the Loveseat and on both cushions & the center seat on the couch is doing the same thing. I was told to contact Sun Coast for the repairs. I sent pictures to Sun Coast & was told they could not repair this and was given a phone number to contact Lazyboy.

I called and left a message. I have sent pictures showing the defective material. Only to be told that they feel it is damaged caused by a cleaning solution that I may have used on the furniture. I challenged them on this and was told they have to look into to this further & would be in touch with me.

I was also told that the material that was used on the furniture has been discontinued. It is now May and still nothing has been resolved. I have stopped into the store three different times and asked to speak to the Manager and was told he/she was unavailable.

Lazyboy has defective products and materials that they are using & something needs to be done about it.The money that was spent was not a small amount.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Customer service

Reason of review:
Problems with payment
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #849646 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lazboy? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

May 24 #1163794

Lazboy verified representative

Thank you for contacting us about the leather peeling on one cushion of your loveseat. We do apologize you've yet to receive a call back. Our team would love to further investigate your case. Please send an email to with your name, address and telephone number.
La-Z-Boy Facebook Team

0 0 Reply

May 24 #1163827

Actually the material is peeling on both cushions on the Loveseat & the center cushion on the couch.
I received an email yesterday stating that there would be a charge to repair all defective material. We have only had the furniture 14 months and this is what is happening to the material. We can see on the Couch that it will not be long before all of the cushions begin to have this same defect. We do not feel we should have to pay anything. Keep in mind that the Loveseat cushion on the right side was already replaced once for the same defect within 6 months of delivery.
We were told this material had been discontinued. Clearly there is a problem. We have done some research and are finding that we are not the only customers who has had similar problems with defective material.
Mr. & Mrs. Strickland

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.