Lazboy - Discoloration defect in materials at the headrest

Bought a brown leather double electric recliners couch in sept.7 13.

It is very good mechanically and electronics work fine. Less than a year later, the headrest leather began to show some lighter brown discoloration as opposed to the darker brown original color. Called and discovered the warranty had expired by 2 months. Even though it took 4 months to develop the problem, they would not honor the warranty to remedy the issue.

tried talking to the boss at the showroom. No help.

We thought lazy boy stood behind all their products.Leather should last years before this concurs

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 4 Yes 4
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Jun 23 #1176752 Gravenhurst, Ontario

I have the same problem. I called La Z Boy, and they told me the fading problem might be caused by the medication I was taking. They said the skin can change in some way, and there was nothing I could do to ease the situation. Since then, I've draped a wollen scarf over the top of the chair. Not elegant, but the problem is solved.

Jun 23 #1176754 Gravenhurst, Ontario

That's "woolen", not "wollen". Mea culpa.

May 20 #1162182

I am having the same problem! You would think spending that much money on furniture it would not do this. NEVER will I buy another product from them again.

Mar 18, 2015 #960045

I bought 2 recliners from lazboy 2 years ago. Within a few months the headrest on my husband's chair started fading just like yours. I contacted my local lazboy and they replaced the back section. Within a couple of months the chair started fading again. The recliners are brown too. It is almost beige now. I don't know whats happened to the leather they use now but it's not like it used to be. Before we purchased these recliners we had 2 lazboy recliners we have had for 18 years. But they never faded. My husbands was worn out. It had holes in the arms. Mine was still in good condition. I still have mine. It is beginning to get some tears but I still sit in it because I don't like the way the new ones sit. I don't like the way the footrest on the new ones will not come out straight and my legs have to hang down. I have lost all faith in the quality of lazboy. I could have bought 2 recliners some where else for what I paid for one. I wouldn't have felt so bad about it not lasting very long and getting rid of it. Now I feel like since I have so much money in theses I am stuck with a piece of junk that I'm ashamed for anyone to see. I am done with lazboy!

Nov 16, 2014 #901363 Woodbridge, Virginia

Look at my link on consumers affairs

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.