Winfield, Illinois
1.5

Update by user Apr 14, 2016

I just received an email from the BBB and they said that Lazy Boy will be sending me the replacement back for no charge. Assuming that happens, I would consider the case resolved to my satisfaction. If it doesn't happen, I will report back here.

Original review posted by user Mar 19, 2016

We have had our chair for ~1.5 years and the "leather" is peeling/lighter colored spots. When we bought this chair we were assured it was real leather. When we showed pictures to two furniture dealers, they said it looked like bonded leather. For the money we spent and the assurances the store gave us it should be real leather and it should last more than 1.5 years! The chair is a Pinnacle Reclina-Way.

We are understandably very upset having paid over $1000 for what now looks like a $200 Bargain store chair.

After several emails w/ pics sent they final reply with:" the spots are not the result of any manufacturing defect but from something within the home." Really? Like what? I'm bald and don't use any hair products and my wife (she has hair) doesn't use any hair products except for Alberto VO5. No one else in the house. Pure hogwash. They have no quality control and what quality they have is sub-par. Never again will I buy from them.

Reviewer is in happy mood. This person is quite happy with recliner easy up down and design and stated that there is a room for improvement of leather quality and customer support. Please contact the author of this review to discuss "nothing" of lazboy recliner. Lazboy needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned lazboy recliner in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Lazboy.

Had an Experience with Lazboy?

Comments

Statesville, North Carolina, United States #1148196

Our electric sofa looks just like yours as far as the wear they even told me some medicines you take could cause this, really??????They were not help at all, I sent photos and they just said it was normal wear and tear.

Ours was also peeling and all the seams are cracking our was some sort of leather product that was basically kid and pet proof. We have not kids, I am the only one that sits on it and we have two very small non shedding dogs and only one will occasionally lay on it. We have always bought lazy boy but never, ever again. We have a chair that is 20 years old that we are just now getting ready to replace and 2 love seats that look brand new.

Lazy Boy is nothing but poor service and poor quality and expensive.From now on I will buy cheap if I have to throw it away after 2 years, we are getting ready to throw this out and buy a new sofa.

LaZBoy
Lazboy Verified Representative

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your chair.We apologize for your frustration regarding the lighter colored areas and peeling leather.

We'd love the opportunity to further investigate your situation in order to see how we may help.

Please email your name, address, telephone number and retailer's information to socialsupport@la-z-boy.com.

Regards,

La-Z-Boy Incorporated

to LaZBoy Statesville, North Carolina, United States #1148198

Why did you not offer the same for ours? It looks exactly the same and we are throwing it out now in 2.5 years it looks like a piece of junk.

dcpiper
Deerfield Beach, Florida, United States #1134822

Check out rubnrestore.com

Pick a color close to yours and redo the whole chair with a minimum of 2 coats followed up with their clear glaze.I am extreemly happy with the results.

Lazy-Boy wanted more than what the chair cost to repair.This product was a Godsend and very easy to do, dries fast.

We had the same problem, ours was suppose to be the toughest material.We have two very small dogs that one never gets on the sofa and the other one weighs 13 lbs and just lays on the sofa, no kids.

It started with the foot rest peeling after 1.5 years they finally sent us a new foot rest as well as the stain wearing off and now the seat and piping is all peeling.

We have always bought lazy boy we have one chair that is twelve years old and just now is it showing wear in the stain color and two love seats that still look like new we also bought in 2004.they told us exactly the same thing.