Update added by user Apr 14, 2016
I just received an email from the BBB and they said that Lazy Boy will be sending me the replacement back for no charge. Assuming that happens, I would consider the case resolved to my satisfaction. If it doesn't happen, I will report back here.
Original review posted by user Mar 19, 2016
We have had our chair for ~1.5 years and the "leather" is peeling/lighter colored spots. When we bought this chair we were assured it was real leather. When we showed pictures to two furniture dealers, they said it looked like bonded leather. For the money we spent and the assurances the store gave us it should be real leather and it should last more than 1.5 years! The chair is a Pinnacle Reclina-Way.
We are understandably very upset having paid over $1000 for what now looks like a $200 Bargain store chair.
After several emails w/ pics sent they final reply with:" the spots are not the result of any manufacturing defect but from something within the home." Really? Like what? I'm bald and don't use any hair products and my wife (she has hair) doesn't use any hair products except for Alberto VO5. No one else in the house. Pure hogwash. They have no quality control and what quality they have is sub-par. Never again will I buy from them.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Recliner easy up down
What I disliked
- Leather quality
- Customer support
- Companys indifference
- Rubber stamp answers
- Reason of review:
- Product or service
- La-Z-Boy Recliner
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Purchased reclining leather sofa with matching chair.Added extra 5 yr warranty 2013 through furniture liquidators. Have had nothing but trouble since purchased. Now the leather is falling off back of..."
- "I purchased a rocker, swivel, recliner now about 4 years and purchased their Guardian protection. Within the first year the seat binding raveled and they replaced it. Next..."
- "Headrest on recliner cracked in 3 places and peeling like dead skin..."
- " My 3 months old SC P 20000 Serial # W3DE000347, installed in Goleta, CA USA started spewing ink all over the prints .I called in to raise a complaint..."
- "So, like many Americans, I took part in Black Friday. While stocking up on various items, I went to the skinstore.com to get some face lotion (Epionce Renewal Facial Lotion)..."
- "We ordered a shower finish trim kit from KB kitchen and Bath. It took 3 weeks to get. It took us a little longer to finish to tile in the..."
- "This company is a total scam .. I went online & the tickets showed 4 for $136 each .. I agreed to this when it charged my credit card it..."
- "after a couple years the heater stopped heating and only put out sort of warm air. customer service sent out new bulbs and when i pulled out the old..."
- "i went to purebred breeders web site picked out a husky $1100 dollars they guaranteed the dogs health and said they knew the breeder for years very trustworthy ,,1 week..."