Lazboy - FINISH PEELING ON POWER RECLINER CHAIR

104 of 666 Lazboy reviews

In 2013 I purchased a Lazyboy bonded leather recliner chair with a platinum warranty. Within 3 years, the covering of the chair began to peel. Upon checking with the Lazyboy store where I purchased the chair they told me sorry, but we do not warrant the fabric and that fabric is no longer available anyway.

Obviously, Lazyboy has had many problems with said fabric which is why it is no longer available. Furthermore, they obviously had little faith in the longevity of the bonded leather in the first place or it would have been included in the warranty. At no time did the sales representative draw my attention to the fact that Lazyboy did not include the fabric in the warranty.

I feel that Lazyboy was deceptive when it sold the chair to me.

Never again will I trust Lazyboy.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Style and Design

• What I liked
    • Chair very soft and comfortable when new
  • What I disliked
    • Material wear

Reason of review:
Warranty issue
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
104 of 666 Lazboy reviews

Jan 06 #1266663 Torrance, California, United States

I have the exact experience. My two thousand dollar sleeper sofa is peeling after two years and getting worse by the day. Lazy boy claims my extended warranty is only for accidental damage. This was never made clear but sold to us as coverage for any problem with the bonded leather surface.
Extremely poor customer relations and satisfaction policy. A company with integrity would stand behind their product and see to recovering furniture for their customers who have experienced this obvious material flaw--not put the burden on their customer.

0 0 Reply
LaZBoy

Sep 02, 2016 #1207277 Chicago, Illinois, United States

Lazboy verified representative

Hello,
Thanks for reaching out to us about your 3 year old chair. We’re apologize for your frustration regarding the leather peeling. Our team would love the opportunity to further investigate your case in order to see how we can help.
Please send an email to socialsupport@la-z-boy.com with your name, address, telephone number and retailer’s information with review number 907150 in the subject line.
Regards,
La-Z-Boy Incorporated

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.