In 2013 I purchased a Lazyboy bonded leather recliner chair with a platinum warranty. Within 3 years, the covering of the chair began to peel. Upon checking with the Lazyboy store where I purchased the chair they told me sorry, but we do not warrant the fabric and that fabric is no longer available anyway.

Obviously, Lazyboy has had many problems with said fabric which is why it is no longer available. Furthermore, they obviously had little faith in the longevity of the bonded leather in the first place or it would have been included in the warranty. At no time did the sales representative draw my attention to the fact that Lazyboy did not include the fabric in the warranty.

I feel that Lazyboy was deceptive when it sold the chair to me.

Never again will I trust Lazyboy.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Style and Design

• What I liked
    • Chair very soft and comfortable when new
  • What I disliked
    • Material wear

Reason of review:
Warranty issue
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Lazyboy Power Recliner With Bonded Leather Cover
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #907150

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lazboy? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Sep 02 #1207277 Chicago, Illinois

Lazboy verified representative

Thanks for reaching out to us about your 3 year old chair. We’re apologize for your frustration regarding the leather peeling. Our team would love the opportunity to further investigate your case in order to see how we can help.
Please send an email to with your name, address, telephone number and retailer’s information with review number 907150 in the subject line.
La-Z-Boy Incorporated

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Lazboy. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Lazboy.
Filing a new complaint about