Lazboy - I wished I had read these complaints before I bought LazyBoy

517 of 666 Lazboy reviews

Paid $3000, had furniture for 2 weeks when the material started to get deep wrinkles in it.Stuffing in seats is crumpled and bumpy.

Opened up a ticket with service center. Rep came out and took pics. Didin't get a call for over 6 weeks so I called them back. Was told my problem was a charactistic of the material.

I'm embarrassed to tell people this is new furniture. It looks like it's 15 year old furniture. Lazyboy is WAY overpriced and the furniture is not good. I will never buy anything from Lazyboy again and will tell as many people as I can about my experience to keep as many people as I can from buying from Lazyboy.

I am very unhappy.DO NOT BUY FURNITURE FROM LAZYBOY.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 38 Yes 38
517 of 666 Lazboy reviews
Nancy

Feb 06 #1282172 Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Not too mention that as of 2011 they switched to processed wood which off gasses terribly, and the leather smells totally toxic. I bought a chair in 2008 and love it...it has held up, made of solid wood, and never smelled. this one is going back. A shame to increase profits they are now making an inferior product. I can't even sit in the room without my eyes burning and getting a headache.

Jun 29, 2016 #1179339 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Our La-Z-Boy recliner just broke this evening. I've been looking for a store near me as I planned to buy a new one. After reading your comment, I've definitely changed my mind.
Thank you for your comment.

Apr 24, 2016 #1149379

My comments on April 24, 2016 are as follows:
I bought a sofa for my son several years. That fell apart.
Then we managed to return that and I bought another sofa.
The sofa fell apart again.
I wrote to the CEO of Laz Boy and let the CEO that we will posting on a website that would land above the Laz Boy website.
We were contacted by Laz Boy customer service manager and ended up getting all the money back. They did not want any more hassles with us. Find the name of the CEO and write to him and post complaints as many as you can. They have bad merchandise and would never buy there.

Apr 24, 2016 #1149341

Thanks for the info. I am looking to purchase a couple of recliners and will steer clear.

penelope

Jan 14, 2016 #1094409 Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

That is scary to read. We just purchased a very expensive piece from them.We have had service work done...stuffing topped up....and so far are satisfied.I do think that when you pay this kind of money[$4000.00] for a leather piece that Lazy Boy should complimentary include the leather care kit[retail $40.00] with the purchase instead of pushing you to buy it.Seems a somewhat cheap/tacky move on what they perceive themselves to be....a high end classy company!

Jan 09, 2016 #1091657

Paid $4000 for sectional. Delivered and electrical recliner was broken and one seat was stained. Said they will take it back with a 30% restocking "fee" which is ridiculous for a couch I just received and had for 1 hour.
I hate La-z-boy. They are the worst to their customers. Don't buy from them.

Nov 23, 2015 #1068521

We ordered 2 custom leather recliners. Within 5 years the leather fell apart. Even the metal mechanism broke with one chair. GARBAGE. We contacted the company & they never helped with our problem. Also bad customer service.

Nov 23, 2015 #1068594

This is my comment. Please look up the name of CEO and write directly to the CEO.
The sofa I bought for my son was returned and exchanged.
That one also fell apart.
Upon writing to the CEO and a manager in customer service, we were able to get full refund back.

Sep 19, 2015 #1036082

Laz Boy should be put out of business. That is my comment. They are selling supposedly quality merchandise - that obviously is not worth the money - since shortly after purchase the merchandise falls apart.
Everyone who purchases from Laz Boy and has a problem with the merchandise should write to the CEO and file a consumer affairs complaint to get the proper results.
GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 18, 2015 #1035699

Thank you for your comment. I Was shopping for a leather recliner - but - will now take your advice

0 3 Reply

Aug 04, 2015 #1015794

I'm glad I did my research. I won't buy lazyboy products based upon reviews of product, and poor customer service.
I had called the Northrige store before reading this review, spoke with the manager. He didn't seem to care if I came in to purchse furniture. What happened to customer service.?
It helps to do research before purchasing products.

Nov 04, 2013 #737816 Cleveland, Ohio, United States

Bought matching Lazy Boy recliners less than a year ago. Both foot rests on the recliners have failed. The parts that hold the foot rest up and together are plastic. These recliners are junk and we will never buy Lazy Boy again. What a waste of hard earned money!

1 1 Reply
thermome

Sep 01, 2012 #536887

I had to hear these kind of experiences, especially when you spent $3000. Contact the CEO of Laz Boy and you will get results.

I purchased a sofa for my son 8 mos. ago. Fell apart. Won't go into too much details.

Wrote to the CEO - I was contacted and referred the matter to my son. This matter was resolved very quickly.

He got full store credit within a couple of days and he is getting another sofa.

Everybody needs to go to the CEO level - otherwise, you get the runaround.

I like helping people and I believe that when something goes wrong - have to get the situation resolved.

3 1 Reply

Jan 14, 2016 #1094413

Thanks for this advice. Should we encounter problems I will know what to do.I am glad there is someone in the company that is ethical.We paid a lot of money for our piece and I have to say that I am not totally impressed with our piece....construction seems flimsy and leather has needed to be filled.We have only had it for a month -in a child free home. Think this company should include the leather care kit c that they push you to buy.Especially when you pay so much money for their furniture.....add sales taxes, delivery/set up charges!

Response to Natalie

May 04, 2012 #475540

This was brand new furniture..not used. I did take pics myself, went to the store that we purchased and was told by the manager that I had to open up a ticket with the customer service dept. After I did, a rep came out, took his own pics. I didn't hear anything baok for awhile. I called and was told it was the material. I told them this was unacceptable and to send the ticket back thru. Got a call back in a few days and was told the same thing....I'm just going to have to live with it. I have the CEO's name and address. I'm writing him. Honestly don't know if it will do any good. I just hate the way this furniture looks.

Consumer #3/ Consumer # 4

May 03, 2012 #475183

Great Recliner - Purchased for Myself & Parents Date:August 5, 2011"My husband and I moved and decided to buy new furniture. We purchased a lazy boy sectional reclining couch and a recliner. We loved the furniture so much that as soon as we sold our old house, we purchased our parents lazyboy furniture. Their old furniture was in bad condition and we wanted them to have something that would last and look great. Nothing compares to LazyBoy - it is awesome. The quality is like none other. We'll never buy anything but lazy boy now."
Best chair I've ever owned Date:August 4, 2011"I bought this chair, not knowing anything about La-Z-Boy Furniture. I was so impressed, not only with the choice of fabrics and colors that I could choose from, but also the comfort. It felt 'okay' in the store, but when I got it home and had a real sit-down in it, I knew right then that it was so comfortable I could sleep in it if need be; and I have, many times. I like the fact that it is well made using quality wood, steel and fabric. The chair stands up very well to wear and tear (although there are no tears). Even my dogs like the chair, especially when I pull out the foot rest and they can lie side by side, along my legs and there is plenty of room for them to stretch out. I just can't say enough about my La-Z-Boy recliner - I'm so impressed with it, I went and bought two more a couple of weeks ago, and can't wait till they arrive at the warehouse, so I can pick them up and start enjoying
... Show more

2 0 Reply
dcpiper

Mar 31, 2016 #1136874

You are one of the lucky ones....but if you do eventually have problems they will be polite and give you a complaint number, go through the motions and find a dumb excuse not to accept responsibility. I am a long time Lazy-Boy customer and have 2 homes, I find the older pieces hold up, but the new stuff does not, maybe now made in China ? Buyer beware !

1 0 Reply
Consumer # 1/ Consumer #2.

May 03, 2012 #475181

excellent investment Date:April 29, 2012"we bought 3 recliners.2 rockers,and 1 glider. they been great to seat and relax from a hard day at work.would get another one again.and the family all likes them"
My Favorite Chair! Date:August 19, 2011"I had planned on getting this chair in a year, but then we found out my mom was going to get shoulder surgery. The nurse recommended a La-Z-Boy chair for her to sleep in for the first two weeks.
Now my mom can't imagine what those first two weeks would have been like without this chair. She wouldn't have been able to fall sleep on the couch or in her bed, and this chair was perfect. It kept her as comfortable as possible.
Now that she's healed, we all take turns in the chair. It's comfy and it's great to elevate my legs at the end of the day. I'll probably buy another one in the next couple years

Natalie...

May 03, 2012 #475175

You did not hear from them for 6 weeks? You spend $3000 dollars and you did not call to find out why no one called you when you spend that kind of money? That does not sound right to me if I spent that kind of money I will be calling and calling if that comapny did not call me at all. Did you read your terms if you purchased something new and you are having problems with the fabric and it does not look right take pictures tell that comapny you purchase from that you know this is not right and that you will let Corparate know maybe is not LAZBOY but the owner of the place you purchased from. There are just like your McDonalds some of galleries are franchised and some of them are own by corporate you have limited life time warranty...Fight back the right way maybe that fabric is peeling find out from corporate call them direct if the store you purchased from is not helping you, do it before the year ends now if you purchased something from the floor and is an AS IS then that is the only time they can not help you ..When something is a clearance piece and you purchase something discounted with an AS IS tag.

4 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.