Herndon, Virginia
13.7K views

Paid $3000, had furniture for 2 weeks when the material started to get deep wrinkles in it. Stuffing in seats is crumpled and bumpy.

Opened up a ticket with service center. Rep came out and took pics. Didin't get a call for over 6 weeks so I called them back. Was told my problem was a charactistic of the material.

I'm embarrassed to tell people this is new furniture. It looks like it's 15 year old furniture. Lazyboy is WAY overpriced and the furniture is not good. I will never buy anything from Lazyboy again and will tell as many people as I can about my experience to keep as many people as I can from buying from Lazyboy.

I am very unhappy. DO NOT BUY FURNITURE FROM LAZYBOY.

Comments

Andres

If you keep pushing they will exchange it for something else. I bought a leather sectional with the same experience.

Now I have a $3,000 credit because of the difference in price and they won’t refund money.

I have to spend it there. Still terrible!

Next recourse is to rent a truck and dump it on their sidewalk!

@Anonymous

Write to the CEO and post some reviews below their website.

Quality and customer service are horrible, especially for the price. Going back to Rooms to Go?

Me too. Worst purchase I ever made.

I have been very pleased with my Lazy boy products, couch, slipper chair, ottoman and 3 piece coffee and end table.I have a big problem with Flexsteel and the problem I have had with 2 recliners, the first one was replaced. Lazyboy never fell apart like my Flexsteel.

Not too mention that as of 2011 they switched to processed wood which off gasses terribly, and the leather smells totally toxic. I bought a chair in 2008 and love it...it has held up, made of solid wood, and never smelled.

this one is going back.

A shame to increase profits they are now making an inferior product. I can't even sit in the room without my eyes burning and getting a headache.

Our La-Z-Boy recliner just broke this evening. I've been looking for a store near me as I planned to buy a new one. After reading your comment, I've definitely changed my mind.

Thank you for your comment.

My comments on April 24, 2016 are as follows:

I bought a sofa for my son several years. That fell apart.

Then we managed to return that and I bought another sofa.

The sofa fell apart again.

I wrote to the CEO of Laz Boy and let the CEO that we will posting on a website that would land above the Laz Boy website.

We were contacted by Laz Boy customer service manager and ended up getting all the money back.

They did not want any more hassles with us.

Find the name of the CEO and write to him and post complaints as many as you can. They have bad merchandise and would never buy there.

Jadie
@Anonymous

Thank you for this valuable information. Would you please share the LazyBoy CEO contact information, so the rest of us EXTREMELY dissatisfied customers can do the same.

Perhaps, if the CEO is bombarded with complaints from unhappy customers something will be done.

It is hard to believe that the CEO possesses the same nonchalant "IDGAD" attitude as his underlings. Many thanks, E-J Hurley

Thanks for the info. I am looking to purchase a couple of recliners and will steer clear.

Me too

That is scary to read. We just purchased a very expensive piece from them.We have had service work done...stuffing topped up....and so far are satisfied.I do think that when you pay this kind of money[$4000.00] for a leather piece that Lazy Boy should complimentary include the leather care kit[retail $40.00] with the purchase instead of pushing you to buy it.Seems a somewhat cheap/tacky move on what they perceive themselves to be....a high end classy company!

Paid $4000 for sectional. Delivered and electrical recliner was broken and one seat was stained.

Said they will take it back with a 30% restocking "fee" which is ridiculous for a couch I just received and had for 1 hour.

I hate La-z-boy.

They are the worst to their customers. Don't buy from them.

We ordered 2 custom leather recliners. Within 5 years the leather fell apart.

Even the metal mechanism broke with one chair. GARBAGE.

We contacted the company & they never helped with our problem. Also bad customer service.

@Anonymous

This is my comment. Please look up the name of CEO and write directly to the CEO.

The sofa I bought for my son was returned and exchanged.

That one also fell apart.

Upon writing to the CEO and a manager in customer service, we were able to get full refund back.

Laz Boy should be put out of business. That is my comment.

They are selling supposedly quality merchandise - that obviously is not worth the money - since shortly after purchase the merchandise falls apart.

Everyone who purchases from Laz Boy and has a problem with the merchandise should write to the CEO and file a consumer affairs complaint to get the proper results.

GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your comment. I Was shopping for a leather recliner - but - will now take your advice

I'm glad I did my research. I won't buy lazyboy products based upon reviews of product, and poor customer service.

I had called the Northrige store before reading this review, spoke with the manager.

He didn't seem to care if I came in to purchse furniture. What happened to customer service.?

It helps to do research before purchasing products.

Bought matching Lazy Boy recliners less than a year ago. Both foot rests on the recliners have failed.

The parts that hold the foot rest up and together are plastic.

These recliners are junk and we will never buy Lazy Boy again. What a waste of hard earned money!

Lazboy Reviews