Lazboy - La-Z-Boy recliner - cheap plastic parts broke after 2 years use

304 of 621 Lazboy reviews

The La-Z-Boy recliner was purchase from a La-Z-Boy Gallery, delivered on 1/23/13.This recliner has the power feature.

This product was not used excessively, maybe three hours a day during the week. It had been making wobbly movement and cracking sounds, when on 1/25/15, as I pushed the power feature to raise the foot rest, the foot rest went all-wonky, crooked and wouldn't lift up. I turned over the chair to find what I can only classify as a cheap piece of plastic (washer?) broken into pieces under the chair. Come to find out there are many cheap plastic pieces holding this thing together.

I am angry to have spent $1,000 for such a poor quality item. I'm even angrier because when I was in the show room back in 2013, another dissatisfied customer was there telling me not to buy the chair, that it had plastic pieces and it would break..

I was so convinced of La-z-boys' quality, I disregarded that man's comments.Buyer Beware this is what $1,000 gets you with a La-Z-Boy recliner.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
304 of 621 Lazboy reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Jan 03 #1087987

I agree. I had the plastic part for the footrest extension mechanism break less than two years after I purchased a $900.00 Laz-E-Boy recliner. The Laz-E-Boy recliners I purchased in the 1980s and 1990s may have required annual tightening of a few wood screws, but the new ones are the kind of *** too many American companies are now willing sell while they sacrifice their formerly well-earned reputations. Laz-E-Boy, not only NEVER AGAIN, but I can be relied on to spread the word!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.