100% full Not resolved

The La-Z-Boy recliner was purchase from a La-Z-Boy Gallery, delivered on 1/23/13.This recliner has the power feature.

This product was not used excessively, maybe three hours a day during the week. It had been making wobbly movement and cracking sounds, when on 1/25/15, as I pushed the power feature to raise the foot rest, the foot rest went all-wonky, crooked and wouldn't lift up. I turned over the chair to find what I can only classify as a cheap piece of plastic (washer?) broken into pieces under the chair. Come to find out there are many cheap plastic pieces holding this thing together.

I am angry to have spent $1,000 for such a poor quality item. I'm even angrier because when I was in the show room back in 2013, another dissatisfied customer was there telling me not to buy the chair, that it had plastic pieces and it would break..

I was so convinced of La-z-boys' quality, I disregarded that man's comments.Buyer Beware this is what $1,000 gets you with a La-Z-Boy recliner.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of lazboy recliner and associated monetary loss in the amount of $1065. Lazboy needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned lazboy recliner in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Lazboy.

Had an Experience with Lazboy?

Comments

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #1302141

Our Englander (same company as Lazyboy) recliner sofa is 15 months old and has broken 3 times, ALL due to that same cheap-*** plastic part they insist on using. Methinks it's time for a class action lawsuit over this and see how long they keep using this *** part!!

I agree.I had the plastic part for the footrest extension mechanism break less than two years after I purchased a $900.00 Laz-E-Boy recliner.

The Laz-E-Boy recliners I purchased in the 1980s and 1990s may have required annual tightening of a few wood screws, but the new ones are the kind of *** too many American companies are now willing sell while they sacrifice their formerly well-earned reputations.

Laz-E-Boy, not only NEVER AGAIN, but I can be relied on to spread the word!

to Anonymous #1258929

Hello

I too am dealing with this situation. A broken plastic part after two years. When I approached the Lazboy company in Prescott Valley, Arizona, with the part in hand, I was handed a card to call for my part...no help on what to order...and wished a good day.

This family will never purchase from them again, and my mouth is spreading the word.