Marietta, Georgia
100% full Not resolved

The La-Z-Boy recliner was purchase from a La-Z-Boy Gallery, delivered on 1/23/13.This recliner has the power feature.

This product was not used excessively, maybe three hours a day during the week. It had been making wobbly movement and cracking sounds, when on 1/25/15, as I pushed the power feature to raise the foot rest, the foot rest went all-wonky, crooked and wouldn't lift up. I turned over the chair to find what I can only classify as a cheap piece of plastic (washer?) broken into pieces under the chair. Come to find out there are many cheap plastic pieces holding this thing together.

I am angry to have spent $1,000 for such a poor quality item. I'm even angrier because when I was in the show room back in 2013, another dissatisfied customer was there telling me not to buy the chair, that it had plastic pieces and it would break..

I was so convinced of La-z-boys' quality, I disregarded that man's comments.Buyer Beware this is what $1,000 gets you with a La-Z-Boy recliner.

Review about: Recliner.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Lazboy Recliner
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $1065
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Lazboy?

Comments

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #1302141

Our Englander (same company as Lazyboy) recliner sofa is 15 months old and has broken 3 times, ALL due to that same cheap-*** plastic part they insist on using. Methinks it's time for a class action lawsuit over this and see how long they keep using this *** part!!

I agree.I had the plastic part for the footrest extension mechanism break less than two years after I purchased a $900.00 Laz-E-Boy recliner.

The Laz-E-Boy recliners I purchased in the 1980s and 1990s may have required annual tightening of a few wood screws, but the new ones are the kind of *** too many American companies are now willing sell while they sacrifice their formerly well-earned reputations.

Laz-E-Boy, not only NEVER AGAIN, but I can be relied on to spread the word!

Rudi
to Anonymous #1258929

Hello

I too am dealing with this situation. A broken plastic part after two years. When I approached the Lazboy company in Prescott Valley, Arizona, with the part in hand, I was handed a card to call for my part...no help on what to order...and wished a good day.

This family will never purchase from them again, and my mouth is spreading the word.