13K views

Bought myself a $900.00 leather recliner four years ago to go with my new/first house...The nice tan leather turned white where my head rests after about year two.

A two dollar bolt broke last week and I can no longer use the foot rest..I called customer service and was told I'll have to drive it across town and leave it for 3 to 5 days.

The lifetime warranty on the parts isn't going to do much. The $100.00 labor charge on the other hand is going to motive me tell my story all across the internet.

Review about: Lazboy Recliner.

Comments

etyaekle
Coon Rapids, Minnesota, United States #1196536

Amen! They (La-Z-Boy) have been producing garbage for at least ten years, now! Sad, because they were the best at one time.

Bought a premium leather Lazy Boy Recliner in 1998. 3 years and the mechanism broke.

It's a really tight fit pressed rivet with a nylon sleeve. Lazy Boy wouldn't do anything except stall and dodge. Says there are no parts. Other repair shops claim its fixable, but "must buy complete mechanism and pay full labor".

Store wouldn't do anything. Other stores wouldn't do anything.

I have had to replace the foot rest mechanism twice at a cost of $100 each time. The mechanism is flimsy and they are using weaker steel in the recliners than they did years ago.

My local Lay Z Boy won't just sell me the mechanism, NO they want to charge me to install it.

This is the 5th Lay Z Boy recliner I have purchased and the LAST,

It only takes about 10 minutes to remove the rivet and replace it with a bolt with a locking nut. Cost about $1 to do this.

I have two blue leather Lazy boy Recliners not cheap was told there is noting they can do to fix the mechanism. I can make the fix myself as I worked for my father at Charm Upholstery in Waterloo Iowa life time guarantee on parts! This sucks buyer beware they do not stand behind their guarantees!

not a lifetime warrrany?

I had the La-Z-Boy a repair man come out to my house put everything together and after that it was fine. It mentions in your contract that you the parts are free but you have to pay for labor .

Virginia, United States #901893

Had the same problem. I sprayed belt dressing on the slides to increase friction. Seems to work fine now.

Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada #894534

I only wish they treated me as well as you,my chair took a year to repair,and the repair consisted of jerry rigging and a couple of non lazy boy bolts to hold it in place , "repair" lasted 10 minutes. Lazy boy i think refers to ther attention concerning there customers needs.

LaZBoy sucks mine broke also the want me to pay for manufacturing defect work NeVER buy again

Denver, Colorado, United States #790059

La-Z-Boy in the 1970s WAS a good product.

Nowadays, it is junk.

My new chair broke within 2 months and it was not a metal part, so it wasn't covered. Duh, the warranty only covers the parts that shouldn't break!

Long Beach, New York, United States #782695

The whole "lifetime" warranty is a scam. The repair labor will always cost more than any parts needed.

The chair we bought is a piece of junk.

Go elsewhere to buy a recliner. You will pay way less and get way more in our humble opinion.

Reston, Virginia, United States #693021

Same here, Lazy Boy is ***...

DOBIEDOG

Don't buy Lazy boy - I have had to repair it 3 times in 2 years. The recliner is a piece of junk and they gave b=me no recourse.

Customer service is an oxymoron for them. The service rep reads from the script and nothing it done..

Ypsilanti, Michigan, United States #639378

I HAVE A LEATHER RECLINER WITH A MASSAGE UNIT ON IT . I CANT GET THE BRACKETS ON THE SEAT BACK TO ATTACH TO THE SIDE BRACKETS.

tHEY NEED TO BE REPLACED ; I HAVENT HAD IT TWO YEARS AND I CANT GET THE PART WITH OUT A PICTURE OF IT.

THE NUMBERS ON THE TAG DO NOTHING.

PISSED OFF TOO !

Phoenix, Arizona, United States #628306

This sound like the shop, not the company. I don't work for lazy boy, but I come from the area they are made and this is a good co.

and they stand by their product. They have good customer service, too!

Contact the co. directly, they're in Monroe, Michigan

Bought a sectional sofa from La-z-boy, the cable release broke to recline the sofa. First, they sent the wrong one, when I received the right one, it would not fit.

I got it to fit but it does not allow me to recline the chair. Now , la-z-boy wants $100.00/hr to come out and fix it. For what you pay for their furniture ieverything should be on warranty.

Never again, I would not recommend a la-z-boy, anything. :sigh

Houston, Texas, United States #597085

They are absolutely terrible about stanindg behind their products. I bought a leather rocker/recliner that squeaked continually from the time it was delivered.

They told me I rocked in it too much.

It was an uphill fight to get them to do anything. I would never purchase from them again.

LaZBoy has lifetime warrenties on their parts but only if you can find the part or get some customer service they are terrible at getting anything fixed. :(

You are lucky KirbyC, I worked for Lazboy for 17 months and was diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis from the chemicals they use there... hope you luck holds out ... :sigh