Lazboy - La-Z-Boy Recliner Repair

601 of 640 Lazboy reviews

Bought myself a $900.00 leather recliner four years ago to go with my new/first house...The nice tan leather turned white where my head rests after about year two.

A two dollar bolt broke last week and I can no longer use the foot rest..I called customer service and was told I'll have to drive it across town and leave it for 3 to 5 days.

The lifetime warranty on the parts isn't going to do much.The $100.00 labor charge on the other hand is going to motive me tell my story all across the internet.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 55 Yes 55
601 of 640 Lazboy reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Feb 05, 2016 #1106951

Bought a premium leather Lazy Boy Recliner in 1998. 3 years and the mechanism broke. It's a really tight fit pressed rivet with a nylon sleeve. Lazy Boy wouldn't do anything except stall and dodge. Says there are no parts. Other repair shops claim its fixable, but "must buy complete mechanism and pay full labor". Store wouldn't do anything. Other stores wouldn't do anything.

1 0 Reply

Jan 25, 2016 #1100637

I have had to replace the foot rest mechanism twice at a cost of $100 each time. The mechanism is flimsy and they are using weaker steel in the recliners than they did years ago.
My local Lay Z Boy won't just sell me the mechanism, NO they want to charge me to install it.
This is the 5th Lay Z Boy recliner I have purchased and the LAST,

Dec 23, 2015 #1082984

It only takes about 10 minutes to remove the rivet and replace it with a bolt with a locking nut. Cost about $1 to do this.

Dec 22, 2015 #1082363

I have two blue leather Lazy boy Recliners not cheap was told there is noting they can do to fix the mechanism. I can make the fix myself as I worked for my father at Charm Upholstery in Waterloo Iowa life time guarantee on parts! This sucks buyer beware they do not stand behind their guarantees!

Dec 02, 2015 #1072744

not a lifetime warrrany?

Jul 16, 2015 #1008328

I had the La-Z-Boy a repair man come out to my house put everything together and after that it was fine. It mentions in your contract that you the parts are free but you have to pay for labor .

Blank

Nov 17, 2014 #901893 Virginia, United States

Had the same problem. I sprayed belt dressing on the slides to increase friction. Seems to work fine now.

1 0 Reply

Nov 02, 2014 #894534 Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada

I only wish they treated me as well as you,my chair took a year to repair,and the repair consisted of jerry rigging and a couple of non lazy boy bolts to hold it in place , "repair" lasted 10 minutes. Lazy boy i think refers to ther attention concerning there customers needs.

Mar 28, 2014 #799764

LaZBoy sucks mine broke also the want me to pay for manufacturing defect work NeVER buy again

dan

Mar 01, 2014 #790059 Denver, Colorado, United States

La-Z-Boy in the 1970s WAS a good product.
Nowadays, it is junk.
My new chair broke within 2 months and it was not a metal part, so it wasn't covered. Duh, the warranty only covers the parts that shouldn't break!

5 0 Reply
Island Guy

Feb 06, 2014 #782695 Long Beach, New York, United States

The whole "lifetime" warranty is a scam. The repair labor will always cost more than any parts needed. The chair we bought is a piece of junk. Go elsewhere to buy a recliner. You will pay way less and get way more in our humble opinion.

4 0 Reply
DOBIEDOG

May 30, 2013 #657884

Don't buy Lazy boy - I have had to repair it 3 times in 2 years. The recliner is a piece of junk and they gave b=me no recourse. Customer service is an oxymoron for them. The service rep reads from the script and nothing it done..

TIRED OF IT

Apr 19, 2013 #639378 Ypsilanti, Michigan, United States

I HAVE A LEATHER RECLINER WITH A MASSAGE UNIT ON IT . I CANT GET THE BRACKETS ON THE SEAT BACK TO ATTACH TO THE SIDE BRACKETS. tHEY NEED TO BE REPLACED ; I HAVENT HAD IT TWO YEARS AND I CANT GET THE PART WITH OUT A PICTURE OF IT. THE NUMBERS ON THE TAG DO NOTHING.

PISSED OFF TOO !

Dana

Mar 25, 2013 #628306 Phoenix, Arizona, United States

This sound like the shop, not the company. I don't work for lazy boy, but I come from the area they are made and this is a good co. and they stand by their product. They have good customer service, too! Contact the co. directly, they're in Monroe, Michigan

0 3 Reply
saintg

Mar 05, 2013 #618503

Bought a sectional sofa from La-z-boy, the cable release broke to recline the sofa. First, they sent the wrong one, when I received the right one, it would not fit. I got it to fit but it does not allow me to recline the chair. Now , la-z-boy wants $100.00/hr to come out and fix it. For what you pay for their furniture ieverything should be on warranty. Never again, I would not recommend a la-z-boy, anything. :sigh

barb

Jan 22, 2013 #597085 Houston, Texas, United States

They are absolutely terrible about stanindg behind their products. I bought a leather rocker/recliner that squeaked continually from the time it was delivered. They told me I rocked in it too much. It was an uphill fight to get them to do anything. I would never purchase from them again.

shell

Jan 19, 2013 #595719

LaZBoy has lifetime warrenties on their parts but only if you can find the part or get some customer service they are terrible at getting anything fixed. :(

Holly

Dec 03, 2012 #577671

You are lucky KirbyC, I worked for Lazboy for 17 months and was diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis from the chemicals they use there... hope you luck holds out ... :sigh

0 0 Reply

1-20 of 57 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Lazboy. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Lazboy.
Filing a new complaint about
×