Filter by rating :
filters

Verified Reviewer

There end of the year sale every thing must go is a rip off | Lazboy

we have always owned a La Z Boy but the ones we have now the seats are to soft so we went to the south center store in Tukwila WA found 2 chairs we wants for 986.00 i ask the sales lady since i wanted 2 was they anything she could do better on the price ,She told me we already took off 200.00 on the chair after ales tax it would have been over 1000.00 on each one What a rip off for a end of the year sale everything must go we will look some wheres else
LaZBoy

Hello, We appreciate you reaching out to us about your chairs. Our team would love the opportunity to further investigate.

Please send an email to socialsupport@la-z-boy.com with your name, address, telephone number and the name/location of the retailer you purchased from. Please include review number 1763506 in the subject line of your email.

Lazboy Chair
Cons
  • Did not care about customer
Pricing issue
Price reduction

Verified Reviewer
3.6
I bought a LazBoy chair thinking it was made in the U.S. I have a severe new allergy. Extremely sore red Itchy eyelids. I didn’t know what was causing this until I just read reviews. I’ve seen six doctors this past month, none knowing the cause. I cannot sit in my...
LaZBoy

Hello, We appreciate you reaching out to us about your chair. Our team would love the opportunity to further investigate.

Please include review number 1711977 in the subject line of your email. Regards, La-Z-Boy Incorporated

Review
#1711977 Review #1711977 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lazboy Chair
Pros
  • Layout of store
Cons
  • Not standing behind your product
  • Poor corporate behaviour and response to my concerns
Damaged or defective

Very loud clunking noise | Lazboy in Portage, Michigan

Brought one chair home, had a service rep come in and say "nothing is wrong with the chair", I went back to the store and asked for manager - demonstrated in the floor sample chair there was no clunking noise. He ordered a new chair, got it home and next day clunking was back. I live in a senior complex, I'm surprised my neighbor's haven't had me evicted due to the noise! I'm 74, have no energy to deal with that store again, so I'm stuck with this one, until I can afford a new one, which I guarantee it won't be a Lazy Boy!
LaZBoy

Hello, thanks for reaching out to us about your recliner. We’re so sorry for your frustration regarding the noise.

Our team would love the opportunity to further investigate. Please send an email to socialsupport@la-z-boy.com with your name, address, telephone number and the name/location of the retailer you purchased from.

Please include review number 1695425 in the subject line of your email. Regards, La-Z-Boy Incorporated

Full refund
  • Clunking Noises

Bonded leather is junk | Lazboy

1.8
Bonded leather is junk - Lazboy
We bought 2 very expensive bonded leather recliners 3 years ago. The “leather” seats in both chairs have worn through along the crease (original design). These are lightly used, NOT abused. They look like Cheap, Old, Trashy furniture. The so-called extended warranty does not cover “wear”. Really???? Buyer beware. We will never buy from Lazyboy again.
LaZBoy

Hello, we appreciate you reaching out to us about your furniture. We apologize for your frustration regarding the cover wearing.

Please include review number 1679498 in the subject line of your email. Regards, La-Z-Boy Incorporated

Lazboy Chair
Cons
  • Poor value
  • Bonded Leather Defects

Lazy Boy Does stand behind their products. | Lazboy in Flint Charter Township, Michigan

Lazy Boy Does stand behind their products. - Lazboy
Chair is 2 years old and cushion in arm moved so arm rest is now wood. Lazy boy customer service just said Sorry that’s too bad. Did nothing to try to make it right. Will never give Lazy Boy another dime of my money.
LaZBoy

Hello, we appreciate you reaching out to us about your furniture. We apologize for your frustration regarding the service you’ve received from your local store.

Please include review number 1672981 in the subject line of your email. Regards, La-Z-Boy Incorporated

Lazboy Chair
Pros
  • Fabric choices
Cons
  • Poor quality of fabric furiture
  • Quality of product is terrible
Tags
  • lazy boy recliner reviews
  • Warranty And Customer Service
I had two new La-Z-Boy chairs plus one ottoman custom made to match my living room in the summer of 2018. They were delivered to my home in mid-September. They were beautiful and perfect in every way except I could not sit in them without feeling ill (headache, sore...
Myson

After our own harrowing experience with LazyBoy's nonexistent customer service, I know this customer review is on target. we, after two years (purchased April 2017), are waiting for them to repair or replace our Jamison Leather Recliner that was never assembled properly.

Although, we have paid for two of them in full and have complained consistently, our complaints and dissatisfaction are of no concern to this unscrupulous company. Never fear because we are not yet done with this situation.

Buyer Beware has never had more credence than when applied to the LazyBoy corporation. Even more distressing than the faulty craftmanship is the lack of concern on their part.

2.3
I have owned 4 LaZboy recliners. Two have had real problems with the upholstery. The latest was a $1,000 leather chair. It appears that what looked to be dyed leather is nothing more than a sprayed dark finish on tanned leather. After one year, the finish has started...

Poor customer service

Update by user Feb 21, 2019

AS OF THIS DATE, FEB 21, 2019, THERE HAS BEEN NOTHING DONE AND LAZBOY HAS STOPPED ALL CONTACT WITH ME AS WELL AS DOING SOMETHING ABOUT THE UNUSABLE CHAIR. THE CLAIM REFERENCE NUMBER IS: 421707, HOWEVER THAT NUMBER IS RELATIVE TO THE FACT THAT THERE IS A CLAIM NUMBER...

Damaged or defective
1.8
Bought 2 Identical recliners in 2016.After 6 months we had a problem with It peeling on the inside of arm. Called LB they would do nothing. Filed a complaint with Consumer Affairs. They finally came out and replaced the arm reluctantly.Now after 2 years both chairs are...
Myson

Indeed, my experience. Please read: My wife and I purchased , not one, but two leather Lazy-boy recliners in April 2017.

When we saw them, we did not hesitate to purchase, fore, they were beautiful and backed by the Lazy-boy moniker. In spite of the fact that this was our first Lazy-boy purchase, we purchased the recliners without the slightest bit of hesitation nor reservation, fore their name spoke for itself; to us, it was synonymous with quality and style, at least we thought. In the body of this review it is my intent to chronicle this fatal decision to do business with such an unscrupulous company: As previously stated, we purchased our chairs at a cost of approximately $2800.00 a piece, only to find out that the exact same Lazy-boy recliners could be purchased on Wayfair for $1100.00 a piece. When I returned to the store to give them the chance to price match per their advertisement, the manager refused stating that :price match referred only to brick and mortar stores in the vicinity, and that Wayfair did not count.

I told her that I was prepared to take this complaint higher if required because her explanation made no sense what-so-ever: I had access to Wayfair who would ship to my address free of charge, so as I see it, they are your direct competitors as I have direct access to their inventory. The items (Jamison Recliners) probably come from the same warehouse. Despite my argument, the manager still refused. So, I then asked her to get corporate on the line.

She then handed me a business card with Corporate's number. I refused the card, and told her to use the showroom floor telephone because I was not leaving the store until I spoke with Headquarters. Reluctantly, she dialed the numbers, but felt uneasy as there were showroom customers in the showroom listening to every word. When I spoke with Corporate, they said that my argument was compelling, but the store manager must agree to the price match.

At that juncture, I informed Corporate that convincing the manager to change her mind was an internal function, and not my job. The Corporate Representative, then asked me to hold for a moment. While on hold, the manager's assistant called her to take an urgent call in her office (I wonder who that was). the manager returned promptly with her new deal of marking the chairs down to match price as I requested earlier.

Now, happy with my deal, I went home to wait on delivery. As much as I would like to tell you that all went well from that point onward, I cannot. Much to my chagrin, the worst was yet to come, and therefore, on the horizon. The recliners finally arrive, and my wife and I noticed that one of them did not hold its reclining positions.

The delivery men informed us that was a common problem, but an easily correctible one; they said all we had to do was tighten the wing nut in the back and the problem would disappear as quickly as it appeared. Mistakenly, we trusted his assessment/remedy, only to discover that the problem persisted. As anyone would, I called Lazy-boy Repair, and was told that they would send out a repairman. The repairman arrived and informed me that the chair was never properly assembled and was missing the requisite reclining parts/screws.

He also said he would have to order these parts because these particular chairs are made in China, and not the USA; hence, it could take anywhere from four to eight weeks for the missing parts to arrive. I then informed him that my wife and I were in the process of departing St. Louis, and relocating to Atlanta. The repairman said that he was going to write up the order completely so his Atlanta counterparts would have no problem knowing what to do.

Once again, I mistakenly took Lazy-boy at their word. When we arrived in Atlanta 01/22/18), I immediately visited the nearest Lazy-boy Showroom, only to be told that they have no authority or obligation to service my chairs because it was out of their jurisdiction. The best they could do for me was to give me the number to the regional Lazy-boy repair/service office. The Saleswoman said just give them your case number, and everything will go seamlessly.

Again, mistakenly I believed them. On 01/24/18 @ 14:33 I called the area Lazy-boy Service Department and spoke with Summer. I gave her my case number who told me that they are in the process of ordering parts to restore the pillows, touch up leather finish, and seat adjustment equipment. Once the parts arrive, we will send a repairman to install.

However, there will be a $70.00 charge for coming out. I told her that this chair was still under warranty. she said that Steve told her this was the case regardless of warranty because it was out of region work. Steve came to the phone and told me the same.

I then called Customer Service, St. Louis, and they said they would have the travel cost waived. 4/24/18 a service technician by the name of Pablo came by to repair the chairs. Although Pablo was polite and knowledgeable he arrived with pillow stuffing material, but nothing in his repair bag to fix the mechanical problem.

He reconfirmed that these chairs were made in China, and therefore, did not have the requisite parts to repair the chair. So, he said it shouldn't take much longer so I will leave the chair disassembled. Due to the fact that I once again, mistakenly took them at their word, I agreed to his leaving the recliner disassembled (what did I have to lose, I couldn't sit in it anyway, right?). In spite, of numerous calls, no action was taken.

I was repeatedly told that I should not worry as my warranty will be extended until the problem is resolved. Not able to wait any longer, as I was tired of looking at my disassembled recliner I called and spoke with Steve on 7/12/18; he said he would have to do a bit of research to get an update - said he would call tomorrow, 7/13/18 with an update. As can be expected, that call never came. I called him later in the week, and he said that he is sending a repairman by on Wednesday.

As promised, the repairman came, however, unprepared to fix the recliners. Instead of showing up with tools and the requisite materials to finally fix the chairs, he comes with a camera to take pictures so he can order the parts. As one might imagine, I was incensed at the run-around, I was experiencing. All I could think about was Lazy-boy's incompetence - another day disrupted and away from work.

Hence, I refused him entry. I made several calls to Lazy-boy, St. Louis and Atlanta; all to no avail. 8/2/18 I called Customer Care Corporate (1866-424-4197) and gave them my ticket number.

A woman by the name of Stephanie who said that she would share my concerns with her manager, and that she would see to it that I get a call tomorrow. Guess what? No call. So I called again on Friday, 08/10/18 @ 14:30 and spoke with Cynthia (Brentwood Manager, St.

Louis to gain assistance. Cynthia gave me a number at Lazy-boy Customer Care Customer Service, I think her name began with "C" as well ( I wrote her name down, but don't have it available at the time of this writing). anyway, she was extremely rude, and at this juncture I was livid as I was exhausted with this constant pass-the-buck run-around. The woman actually hung up on me.

I then called Cynthia in St. Louis, fore, she was the only Lazy-boy employee, who seemed to care about my situation. She apologized profusely and stated that this is not the proper way for Lazy-boy at any level to conduct themselves. She assured me that she had a contact in Corporate Lazy-boy Customer Care who would assist.

Unfortunately, that return call never came. So I called her, and this time, she was at a loss and said that she, personally, had done all she could. So, since then I have been trying to figure out what my next step will be as I look at my disassembled inoperable Lazy-boy recliner. However, trust that I am not done.

Hopefully, I will get reparation soon. Until then, Lazy-boy Buyers, BEWARE!!!!!! E-J An Extremely Unhappy Lazy-boy Consumer Reason of review: Damaged or defective merchandise/Poor Customer Service/Poor Quality/Pricing Issue. Monetary Loss: $1200.

Preferred solution: At this juncture, I would like a new functioniing recliner without defects.

delivered immediately.. I didn't like: Total experience was flawed, And well below my expectations, Did not care about customer, Everything at this point, Company does not value its customers.

Lazboy Chair
Cons
  • Trying to resolve issues
  • Poor quality and poor customer service response
  • Company does not value its customers
  • Shoddy Material

Lazboy Reviews

Lazboy reviews

Same thing at 14 mos. | Lazboy in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

1.5
Leather started to peel where Husband head touches the chair. No warranty after 12 mos. I bought the extended warranty. What a rip of the extended warranty and the Leather Protection. My next chairs won’t be Lazy Boys!