Style and Design

Wanted to Share this with all my friends so you can avoid the experience I had. I had the absolute worst experience at the LAZBOY in GaineGainesville, VA location tonight.

I got there about 7:30 P.M. I had talked to a lady named Tammy prior to leaving my house in Culpeper and making the 45 minute drive. I had an idea of what couch I wanted but wanted to sit on them again, the James collection and the Maverick collection in the sofa setup. After about 30 minutes I was set on the James Sofa in the exact color that was in the store.

I didn't have to have power but it was nice. I told Tammy that it just came down to price at this point. I said Wolf Furniture has the same couch, color and everything for $974.16 which is less expensive than you. She said I'm sorry I'm not matching their price.

I said I just drove 45 minutes and I'm ready to buy the couch and even finance it with you and your telling me no you won't match your competitors price that is less than yours on the same color and style couch that is here in front of us. She said no. I get paid the same if I'm selling a $5,000 couch or a $200 piece of furniture so it doesn't bother me. I was pissed to say the least.

I asked for the contact information of the district manager and she said I'm not giving you that. She said the store manager will be here Saturday if you would like to talk to someone. I've been in sales for almost 6 years and that was the worst experience I have ever had in my entire life dealing with a retailer and wanting to buy a product. I had called the Wolf Furniture store and talked to Evan one of their sales reps and he said they were offering the couch for that price plus an additional $50 off the internet price and free delivery!

He said the power option added $200 to the price. I would have driven straight there instead if I had know how I was going to be treated at LAZBOY!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lazboy Customer Care.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Company wrote 1 public responses to the review from Nov 29, 2016.

Comments

LaZBoy
Monroe, Michigan, United States #1256627
Lazboy Verified Representative

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're so sorry for your frustration.

Our team would be happy to further investigate!

Please send an email to socialsupport@la-z-boy.com with your name, telephone number, address, and retailer’s information. Please include review number 963197 in the subject line.

Regards,