Sofa and chair are both less than five years old.When we purchased our La-Z-Boy, we were told it was 100% real leather.

I do not see a real quality la-z-boy in these pictures (see attached facebook website). Started peeling after the one year warranty expired. Peeling and total garbage for something costing $3,000. https://www.facebook.com/La-z-boy-problem-923417027778023/?ref=br_rs Contacted La-Z-Boy and the material was discontinued and they will not provide a replacement, other than a small rebate on a new La-Z-Boy.

At this stage, not interested in a new lazboy.My research tells me this company does not build quality furniture.

Review about: Lazboy Sofa.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Poor quality product.

Had an Experience with Lazboy?

Comments

lazboyproblems
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada #1320708

Very poor product and customer service.For the price we paid, a four year old sofa should not have these issues.

The salesman also told us it was real leather, and when I spoke to him after the peeling, they admitted that it was bonded and there was an issue with the product, but that it was still considered real leather.

Not happy.They offered less than $400 rebate on a new La-Z-Boy, but I am not interested in purchasing another bad product from this company.

Richmond, Virginia, United States #1320634

I also have an inferior product in the leather and construction.Paid $5,000 for my furniture and foam at the arms separating from the wood at both ends.

Now the frame at the back side near the arm has pulled away from the main frame. Leather has deteriorated at the seat on one end and at the head on the other end. Both areas are sticky feeling. We were told when buying that the color went all the way through the leather, but that is definitely not the case.

Looks horrible.

Will never buy Lazyboy again!Frame is supposed to be covered for life, but they get you by sending out a repairman at $50/hour.

Walters, Oklahoma, United States #1297797

My recliner is also peeling like this. Very dissatisfied!

Mike

We have 2 recliners that did the same thing. when we told the sales people about they all acted like they had never heard of such a thing. Not a fan.

to Anonymous Cowpens, South Carolina, United States #1313887

Having the same problem we need to start a class action!

LaZBoy
Lazboy Verified Representative

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us about your sofa and chair.We apologize for your frustration regarding the leather, and for your dissatisfaction regarding the service you've received.

Our team would love to further investigate.

Please send an email to socialsupport@la-z-boy.com with your name, address, phone number and retailer's information.Please include review number 995834 in the subject line of your email.

Regards,

La-Z-Boy Incorporated

lazboyproblems
to LaZBoy Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada #1280893

Hello, I tried this option.They confirmed the leather on the product was discontinued, but they would not refund my money since it was over the one year warranty.

They knew it was a faulty product, and from what I see, others are having the same problems. We spent almost a year trying to resolve.

My case number is CM#262298.

My response will be to let the public be aware of the issues I have, hence the facebook page and other sites.