Bought a LazBoy recliner and it is really comfortable.Only problem is that when you are reclining and want to go back up it makes a very loud bang.

We have two puppies and four cats. Every time I want to get back up it scares all of the animals and usually wakes my wife up. It is the metal lock mechanism that makes the noise. I have tried putting grease on it but that doesn't make it any quieter.

I had LazBoy send someone out to look at it and he said all of their chairs make that noise. Factory contact told me to put a rug under it. This really sucks.

I can't believe that LazBoy can't make a chair that operates without this loud noise.Lesson learned...I won't be buying LazBoy again.

Review about: Lazboy Recliner.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Had an Experience with Lazboy?

Comments

Lake Station, Indiana, United States #1354145

I just got my lazy boy and if I hadn't donated my old recliner I would be asking for it back. My husband is bedridden and when I get up from the chair it wakes him up and he yells!!! Also havecats...when they see me getting up they run out of the room because they know the noise is coming...

Glens Falls, New York, United States #1275765

I have the same problem, but I am not willing to accept it.A chair that makes this much noise clearly is not usable in a home environment.

Ridiculous.I will get a lawyer if I have to the principle of the thing is important.

Olmsted Falls, Ohio, United States #925715

Try shifting your weight backwards instead of leaning forward when you release the handle.That will take care of the noose.

The noise you are hearing is The sound of the mechanism retracting back into place.

Perfectly normal if you're leaning forward.Quiet if shift your weight backwards and then pull the handle down