Lazboy - Lazy-boy leather recliner

I bought a leather recliner at Homegoods in January of 2015.It was a Lazy-boy in a taupe color.

Now the color is peeling of in different places. I called Lazy-boy Customer Service and also talked with a salesperson at the local store who now has lost an additional $1900 sale because of her answer to me. The first was that because I bought it from a non-Lazy-boy store is was not warranteed. The chair came with warranty tags.

The second thing she said, which should be a warning to anyone who buys a leather chair from them, is that your hair oils and anything you put in your hair, would damage the chairs. Why would anyone buy their leather furniture if you can't lean back in it. And of course, the worst part of the damage to my chair is behind my hair but I seldom put anything in my hair unless I am dressing up for a special event! The process they use to color their leather is obviously inferior.

I am so distressed over this because it is so unsightly and if I put a throw over it to cover it, it also adds to the wear of the leather.I will never shop at Lazy-boy again.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Sep 19 #1215121 Irving, Texas

Here are a few things you, and all other dvmb americans, need to understand:
LaZBoy is a publicly owned company, which means they are owned by stock holders. LaZBoy stopped making quality products they day they started selling stock. Selling stock is much more beneficial than selling a quality product because people buying and selling the stock typically never invest in the actual product. As I have stated many times, NEVER do business with a publicly traded company.
Next, they are 100% responsible for backing warrantee claims. They are just trying to pass the buck to their distributer. If I was their distributer I would INSTANTLY stop selling their product after LaZBoy made such outrageous claims.
Finally, what you have here is called "bonded leather". It is nothing but the worst Chinese garbage made today. It seldom makes it to the warantee end. It is designed to fail so you make another purchase. It is nothing more than a cheap simulated layer of fake leather that is pressed onto an even cheaper base. Vinyl is much better. Think of it as laminated, wood-grained desk tops that you may find at Walmart. Quite frankly, it won't be long before you start seeing LaZBoy products at Walmart. LaZBoy is just living off of their name. It is no longer a quality company or a quality product.

1 0 Reply

Sep 09 #1210146 Monroe, Michigan

Lazboy verified representative

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding the leather on your furniture. We apologize for your dissatisfaction.
Our team would be happy to further investigate. Please send an email to with your name, address and telephone number with review number 909744 in the subject line.
La-Z-Boy Incorporated

0 1 Reply

Sep 19 #1215124 Irving, Texas

SocialSupport? LOL. Is that a social media support group for unwitting customers that have been scammed by LaZBoy? You give them a pat on the back and a tissue to cry on?

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.