1K views

This is regarding 2 Lazy-Boy recliners. Back in January I bought 2 matching recliners. These happened to be number 5&6 chairs. Four years ago I hurt my back really bad and could only sleep in my Lazy-Boy. We couldn't go on any trips without taking a chair. That's how we decided to buy two more and keep one on our older ones to take with us. Through the years I have told everyone if you want the best sitting chair get a Lazy-Boy. This was true until I bought these.

Here's my story. I had bought these chairs in January of this year, the furniture store had to order them as they did not have the color I wanted. I waited for 7 weeks and they delivered them. As they sat the first one down in the garage to get the second one I noticed the material was loose. I told the delivery guys this and they said the lady before me they had just delivered hers, she made the same comment. After sitting in the chair for just an hour or so when I got up the fabric was wrinkled, not just a little but really bad. Since it was after closing hours for the furniture store I waited til the next day. They called Lazy-Boy and wanted the man that fixes problems to come out and see what he needs to do. When he saw this he said I used to be able to fix this but they make these different now. So they ordered another seat for both chairs. Well they both did the same thing again. I had explained to both Lazy-Boy & the man at the furniture store, they are not sewing the fabric tight enough, It's loose. Lazy-Boy sent the same seats out again, this is the second time. These wrinkled worse than the others. They did not fix the problem they just kept sending the same problem. This told me they were not listening. All while this was going on I had a very nice representative helping me. She and the man at the furniture store both agreed I should get 2 more chairs made out of different fabric.

As of two hours ago the Lazy- Boy specialist said I will have to smooth out the chairs everytime I get out of them for as long as I have them. So they know it's a problem and won't fix it or do anything to to resolve this.

I have been so upset for the last 6 months, I trusted this company and was a loyal customer and loved the chair and fabric. I have been a loyal customer for the past 30 years. They now don't care about fixing it, and I have spent a $1000.00 from a manufacture who is not going to do the right thing. All I want is not to have something that looks terrible every time I get out of the chair. They knew this was happening and didn't even tell the furniture stores so they could tell their customers. This is a true story written from a dis hearted lady.

Review about: Lazboy Recliner.

Had an Experience with Lazboy?

Comments

Pulaski, Tennessee, United States #1026299

I know how you feel..I myself bought a leather coach and recliner...The finish came off the recliner after months of hassling I got a recliner. Now the coach color is all coming off and they won't do anything because its over a year...My uncle has 2 leather chairs his had for 25 years and the colors still there. My daughter bought a leather coach at a yard sale and the colors still there...I've spent 2,200.00 and I have to keep blankets on it...The store I bought it at said its MY problem...I'll only buy cheap furniture from now on as Lazy-Boy isn't what it was..Better to buy cheap and throw away?

Phoenix, Arizona, United States #685353

I am upset with the Lazy-Boy quality, too. Our couches and two recliners we bought were uncomfortable and the (custom) fabric looks more worn at two years, than our old set at 23 years!!!!! WILL NEVER GO BACK.