2.9
Style and Design

I have purchased Lazy Boy furniture my entire life, About 15 months ago I replaced all my living room furniture an at a significant price. The quality of this furniture is in no way comparable to the older Lazy Boy rocker recliners that I still have.

I will be lucky if it lasts more than a couple years, it is already failing in several areas. First the base where the top and bottom roll over each other to recreate the rocking effect,, the bottom piece of wood is held by dowel rods and they started to break off. Called in the issue and the appointment was over a month out, they guy called at like 8PM at night when I was out mowing my yard and I didn't pick up. Didn't come and I had to reschedule, another 6 weeks.

Now my one year warranty has expired. Shows up and puts screws in the one chair to fix it. I showed him where the backs of both recliners had lost their shape, basically the frame of the back is so cheap it twists and turns. The wings on the end came completely off, they were held on by two staples from a staple gun.

Six weeks later he came back and put some screws in the back, when putting back together now I have wrinkles in my leather upholstery. The two couches I have are made exactly the same with the wings on the end, I am sure fastened in the same manner. If you flip these over or look under the covers, you will see the same cheap wood and construction as you see in the furniture built in China.

I now have over $4,000 of trash sitting in my living room, not even sure if you can get quality furniture anymore. I attached picture of one of the rocker/recliners and the back frame that is inside.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lazboy Recliner.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Furniture looks nice on the outside.

I didn't like: Construction of the furniture is very cheap.

Comments