Based on what I thought was a good reputation I purchased a special order Swivel-Glider-Recliner. This unit was not cheap by any means so one would expect nothing but the best. **WRONG**

The recliner as delivered had serious mechanical problems plus a defective base which I will explain separately. The back made excessive noise when used to add additional reclining capabilities. I was told it is a tension adjustment. After 2 service calls it still does not function to my satisfaction.

The recliner mechanism exhibited a horrible knocking/grinding noise with the chair fully reclined. The first service tech. ordered a bunch of replacement parts which were to address this problem. Parts finally arrived and another service tech. came to the house to install them. No improvement, the service tech. then noticed a couple of adjustments which helped but did not eliminate the crunching noise. He did not know about these adjustments before hand. The service techs are contracted by Lazy Boy and in my opinion they are not knowledgeable with the products.

About the swivel base. It has four holes measuring 3/8" each on the outer perimeter of the base. They are a eye sore at some point when the recliner is rotated around. Customer service has sent me 3 replacements all of which have these unsightly holes. The best part was when a customer service rep. stated that she would inspect the replacement base before shipment. Went back to the local store and looking at the numerous floor models. Guess what? They all have these extra holes. Some are not so visible because of different size recliners. If the salesperson pointed them out the recliner would never have been purchased.

Bottom line: I'm stuck with a expensive piece of garbage. I hope this review helps others so they do not make the same mistakes.

Review about: Lazboy Recliner.

paid 1300 for a lazyboy recliner. after one yr and whole seat was sliding to the side. lazyboy told me 1 yr warranty, hit the bricks.

chair makes loud metal grinding noises. I oiled everything I could see, still does it. lazyboy told me 1 yr, so solly charlie. hit the road.

My parents bought lazyboy for 40 yrs. So have I. no more, so solly charlie.

something wrong at the company, waste, fraud, abuse, I do not know.