1.7
Style and Design
Poster decreased review rating.

We purchased the high-end soft leather couch and love seat and within a year the color started coming off is patches.The company sent out someone who sprayed on a matching color and charged us $60 per visit.

This happened twice, as the new coloring only lasted a couple of months. We had purchased the 5 year warranty on the leather; however Lazyboy does not stand behind the warranty, as they "claim" that it only covers tears, cigarette burns and other damage to the leather, NOT the color. The person that they had who came out to spray on the color has now left the company, so all they would do is give me the name and number of a leather restoration company who wants me to spend $650-$700 to recolor my high-end Lazyboy furniture!!!!

I will NEVER purchase another item at Lazyboy and hope that this finds its way to others to warn them about the companies reputation.I searched online and found others with the same experience!!!

Review about: Lazboy Sofa.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Fix the leather and treat the recoloring to last.

I liked: Selection of comfortable options and color selections.

I didn't like: Poor quality and invalid warranty.

Had an Experience with Lazboy?

Comments

I have the same problem with the color falling off.I contacted Laz Boy about my warranty and they told me is wasn’t covered.

Offered no other help.This problem makes me regret my purchase and I’ll never buy another La-z- Boy.

LaZBoy
Lazboy Verified Representative

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us about your sofa and loveseat.We apologize for your dissatisfaction regarding the leather color coming off.

Our team would love the opportunity to further investigate.

Please send an email to socialsupport@la-z-boy.com with your name, address, telephone number and retailer's information.Please include review number 1087191 in the subject line of your email.

Regards,

La-Z-Boy Incorporated

h.kitchener

The reason for your problem is the importation of cheap and inferior foreign leather.This is now common with many items made with leather, including shoes, belts and leather chairs.

If a leather product you wish to buy is made in some foreign country, think twice. Even if the actual, say chair says "made in USA" you need to delve further in their literature or the tags on the chair to see where anything else on the chair is made---if possible, as manufacturers are rather shy about telling you this.

I have experienced leather goods that "flake" off the very, very thin veneer of leather on Chinese made leather shoes sold by a large US brand to belts that lost their colour(like your chair) to leather chair seats that developed cracks after but a couple of months.All in all, best to avoid those brands that sell this cheap junk and pass the word about them to all.