Style and Design

I bought a Lazboy recliner sofa, whole grain leather, in July of 2015.the leather between the cushions has felt paper like and weird since day one, but I just did not pay much attention to it, thinking Lazboy quality is trustworthy.

but a week ago, I noticed that there is a crack between the seats. I called Lazboy store, was referred to a warranty place, I spent over an hour to deal with them not having any of my customer information, just to find out I am not covered. So I called the store back, and told them about my situation, they referred me to Lazboy customer service locally, and from there, I was told that the warranty has already expired, and I will have to pay for the repair, it's about $260 for one seat depending on if they still have the material. I did not think an over 2000 dollar Lazboy leather sofa in less than 2 years, need to be repaired, let alone an extra 260 dollar a piece.

I hate to say it, but I will never buy Lazboy furniture again, the quality is a joke.Unfortunately it is an expensive lesson.

Review about: Lazboy Sofa.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Defective leather on sofa seats.

As I promised, I will update honestly as this issue progress.

The technician came out to check out the defect yesterday.He filed a report to independent LaZBoy franchise.

from what he told me after I kept asking questions and I quote " Vinyl some times crack like that" What vinyl ??? according to LaZBoy coorperate, all area that touches the body for my model of sofa are top grain leather. What is the deal here? Are we talking about dishonest business practice here?

and what does LaZBoy do to protect people that buy product based on the reputation of LaZboy? I have not ever bought anything that I thought I paid for leather, but in fact got vinyl instead from anywhere let alone from a reputable business ( so I thought) like LaZBoy.

I don't know what to say, and hopefully, people read this before they ever make a Leather furniture purchase from LaZBoy again.

if they enable their independent franchises to cheat customer, they are equally guilty.I paid for Leather at the LaZBoy Gallery, and LaZBoy custom made a vinyl sofa for me!

Update on my process.Yes I can not change the fact that 'miscommunication' has happened that I bought a part vinyl and part leather sofa thought it was all top grain leather furniture, but that does not change the crappy quality of it.

Currently the independently owned store that I bought my sofa from has stepped up to send over a technician for evaluation.

I will keep updating and leave a honest experience fair review through the whole process.I believe to error is human, but we do need to step up and take responsibility.

I am going to KILL the sales people who I bought mine from.I told them that I heard that they were selling junk now.They said oh no!They lied to my face.

I warned them when I bought it that I was a crazy man and if anybody ever would rip me off for $1,500 that I would kill them. Well.

And where is your government?As big a *** as that company

LaZboy social media team has got back to me, and told me based on my product number, the sofa that I got has cheap vinyl siding.Only the part that touches the body is leather.

This is completely news to me, I was told it's all leather , top grain leather.

I sat on one of the same model that was all leather, and it was what I was buying/ordering. I would not buy it if I was told the side would be vinyl. Are you seriously kidding me? a 2000 dollar part vinyl sofa?

They throw me back to deal with this so called " independent owned store" on my own.

I really think this cheating and lying behavior of the store need to be reported to the BBB.and LaZboy should step up and protect consumer rights.

Lazboy Verified Representative

Thanks for reaching out to us about your sofa.We're so sorry for your frustration regarding the leather and the cushions.

Our team would love the opportunity to investigate your case.

Please send an email to with your name, address, telephone number, and the name/location of the retailer you purchased from.Please include review number 1048033 in the subject line of your email.

La-Z-Boy Incorporated

Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1329262

Cheap leather, probably of foreign origin.Take a look at the tags or in the info you received when you bought it.

Where was it made and/or with what materials and their origin(s). Many products now, from "leather" furniture to leather shoes are made with sub-standard, cheap leather and don't hold up. Even the Nunn Bush leather shoes I had always worn are now of questionable quality and don't hold up---crack, blister, etc.

Everything is now throwaway.That's why it's always advisable to buy on sale or clearance so when the product fails, you can throw it away and buy a new one without spending an arm and a leg for something your "think" is good quality.