1.2
Style and Design

I spent $2000 on a sofa and loveseat from Lazyboy and 4 years later I need to take my loveseat to the dump. The leather that I was told was durable and would last for years, is peeling so bad you can't even sit on the furniture.

Unfortunately neither Lazyboy or the extra warranty that I purchased (and was told would cover everything) will do nothing about the issue. I have reached out to the store manager who says they can't do anything after the 1 yr warranty. I submitted a request to the warranty company Guardsmen and they decline the request saying it was a material defect. They referred me to customer care who offered to replace the cushions at 50% of the cost BUT it would have cost me half of what initially paid for the couch and they told me the cushions wouldn't match and it would be the same defective material.

I then sent 2 certified letters to the President of Lazyboy and NO response what so ever. This obviously shows me that they do NOT support their product nor do they care about their customers. So now because of their defective product I have to take my loveseat to the dump and purchase a whole new set of furniture. The furniture that I thought would last at least 10 yrs.

didn't even make it 4 years. I really thought they were a good company and cared about their customers and products, but they've proven to me that once they've made the sale they don't care. I was also told if I purchased the warranty it would cover any issues, well that was also a lie - because they would not address my issue - but if I had put a pair of scissors through the couch, they would cover that. Unfortunately I'm a responsible person and would never do that.

Instead just my husband and I use our couch to sit on and the material can't even take that - it's obviously defective. I will never purchase anything from LazyBoy again and will make sure that all my friends and family never do so either.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lazboy Loveseat.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: i don't expect a full refund for the loveseat and sofa but do expect some compensation because i now have to buy a new set of furniture. The loveseat will go to the dump and will have to purchase a new couch to match the loveseat that went to the dump.

I didn't like: Quality in their furniture went downhill big time, Quality of furniture is horrible.

Company wrote 1 public responses to the review from Dec 10, 2017.

Comments

Same exact thing happened to me. Bought at approximately same time and even same color.I may still go to small claims court.

I have found out that this was a "known" defect with this type composite leather when it 1st came out.

When I bought it salesperson said it was "as good or better" than their regular leather. Guess the jokes on me, huh LazBoy?

File small claims report! show those people they cant just take your money!

LaZBoy
Lazboy Verified Representative

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us about your loveseat. We're so sorry for your frustration regarding the leather peeling.

Our team would love the opportunity to investigate. Please send an email to socialsupport@la-z-boy.com with your name, address, telephone number and retailer's information.

Please include review #1145771 in the subject line of your email.

Regards,