2.0
Style and Design

I purchased a $2300 Baylor PowerreclinerXR (SKU 010797201, invoice )227703RIVO) in February of 2017 (delivered in April of 2017), in white leather. Yesterday, 1/6/2019, we noticed the leg area has started a massive peeling.

This is simply ridiculous for a piece of leather furniture that was this expensive. Perhaps i should have purchased the NFM piece that was literally 1/3 the price!

I used to believe in Lazyboy quality and it was one of the reason we went with this chair (in addition to the other chair we purchased), but i believe that faith is no longer deserved. We went with the suggestion of the leather and its durability based on a design specialist in the store (Deborah Cummins).

Unfortunately, i can't afford to spend $2K on a chair every 2 years!

Based on what i have seen and read posted, it appears Lazyboy will not do much to assist with what i see as a lack of support for its products and, IMHO, a false representation of it's leather fabrics. Instead of true dyed leather, which we were told it was to prove it's durability, it does in fact appear that this is painted/bonded leather and not truly dyed.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Wonderful design staff, Chair before it failed, Style comfort.

I didn't like: Leather-like fabric is peeling and cracking, Company does not stand behind its products, Warranty support.

Comments