1.9
Style and Design

Above is my review (#1314361) Here is an update as of October 11, 2018

About me: I am a 71-yr-old retired professional female, 5'4-1/2" tall,160 lbs. I am unmarried and live on a fixed income. My working career spanned 50 years. I assumed the role of property manager for the 10-unit senior condominium where I live in order to earn a little more money. My work here is 24/7.

After July 28, 2018 Complaint:

On July 28 I received an email from Jessica wanting to schedule another service call for August 1(someone with Lazboy had obviously seen my complaint). I told her I was at the point where I believed it was best that I request a refund. She asked that we try this again. I was unavailable on August 1, but we agreed to a service call on August 8, 2018.

August 8, the Mobile crew showed up and agreed the chair was obviously not in satisfactory shape, and offered to take the chair and try again. I said I preferred to keep the chair until we decided what to do. They took more photos which showed the sagging leather in the BACK and the LEG REST and left. August 10, Jessica emailed that she was submitting the photos and "repair" history to Lazboy Product Support and Warranty and would let me know when she heard back.

On August 10, I received a box of what felt like foam but in fact was a SEAT and FOOTREST portion that is so under-padded that it obviously will not work.(BUT WHAT ABOUT MY BACK portion???)

On September 3, I called the store again. Every time I call the store I reach a message and have to leave them a message, which I did. No one has ever called me back.

On September 10, I DROVE to the local Lazboy store and spoke to a young man about the problems I am having getting satisfaction from them. He directed me to a woman named "Ann". I patiently told her briefly about my chair issue and her solution was to write down and give me an email address for another Lazboy employee, Mat Sumlin, at smat@Decoratewithlazboy.com. I tried to tell her that I have been trying since March to get some relief, but she insisted that "Mat" can help me and turned to resume her conversation with another lady. Needless to say I left very discouraged.

Today is October 11 and to say that I am disappointed with Lazboy is a HUGE UNDERSTATEMENT! It has been nearly 1 YEAR since I tried out this model chair in the showroom and paid to have one custom made in cranberry leather. I bought and paid what to me was a small fortune for this electric leather rocker recliner. I bought it from LAZBOY, one of the best-known furniture makers in the country. I TRUSTED LAZBOY!

Today I called the local store and left an angry but clean message that I would like someone to call me back as soon as possible. It's been over 5 hours and no one has called me back.

I have arthritis and pinched nerves in my neck. I have collapsed discs in my back and see a chiropractic neurologist twice a week. I bought this fine chair because I believed in the Lazboy name and I just knew I was buying the best and last comfort chair I would ever own. Well, that didn't happen....

BUYER BEWARE!

I didn't like: Poor qualityvery poor customer service and, Attempting to repair an expensive brand new chair.

Comments

FavoriteMeerkat

Oct. 29, 2018 Review #1314361 posted July 28/2018 to Socialsupport@la-z-boy.com I neglected to give you the address of the Pensacola Store: La-z-boy Furniture Galleries 5078 Bayou Boulevard Pensacola, FL 32503

LaZBoy
Lazboy Verified Representative

Hello, We've asked our social support team to investigate and see how they can help!

FavoriteMeerkat

I sincerely hope this matter can be resolved. They've dragged this on for nearly 1 year since my purchase.

I am so disappointed as it is a beautiful chair in very beautiful soft leather. It is just a bad piece of furniture, a lemon. It has not been abused in any way, and is clean as new, but it was knocking and bouncing from Day 1! Then the leather collapsed in the back and under the knees.

Trying to repair it has not worked!

I worked so hard for my money and sacrificed to afford a fine chair to help with my arthritis and neck and back pain. I deserve better than this from a company as well thought of as Lazboy.