Update added by user Nov 12
After another 6 months just getting worse!
Update added by user Apr 22
Customer service not helpful blamed it on normal use after 1 1/2 years we have no kids and are in our 60s. Our other furniture is anywhere from 12 -33 years old and are still in great shape, 2 12 year old la-z-boy love seats still like brand new, our 20 year old leather la-z-boy leather recliner chair finally showing some wear, Our new now 2+ year old la-z-boy electric recliner sofa going in the trash not even good enough to donate, piece of ***!!!!
Original review posted by user Apr 21
I am sad to see so many people having the same problem we have, but nothing but a foot rest was offered to us 6 months ago.We have bought la-z-boy products for over 20 years still have one leather recliner that finally needs to be replaced.
2.5 years ago we bought this what they called leather product, I think they called if performance material that would hold up to kids and pets we have two very small dogs, no kids and the one that occasionally lays on the sofa is 15 lbs and does not shed. With in 1.5 years the color was coming off the piping was cracking the top layer was peeling. I called customer service they ask for photos, which I sent and they said it was normal wear and tear. I am about the only one that sits on it.
Now it has been another 6 months sent we ask customer service for help and it now looks like a piece of trash worse than these pictures it is peeling and cracking everywhere, we are getting ready to throw it in the garbage not even worth donating. It is a very expensive electric reclining sofa. Very disappointed in La-z-boy, but we will not buy again from them. We will be going out next week to buy a new sofa and definitely not a LA-Z-BOY, EVER AGAIN!!!
Oh they did agree to send us a new foot rest finally that was it, I thought I could get buy with that if it did not get any worse, well it is a whole lot worse in just 6 more months. I wish there was some way to cover the sofa but it is in 3 sections the only option is to buy a new sofa. I have never had to throw out a piece of furniture after 2.5 years. Our Ethan Allen Furniture is now 33 years old and still in great condition.
We don't buy furniture lightly we buy it because we love the style and plan to keep it for a very long time.When I put this type of review on their web page that is when I first got a response but then they sent me a message it was not appropriate and took it down.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Style and Design|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Company does not stand behind its products
- Do not stand by their product
- Worst customer service
- Not helpful at all
- Extremely poor quality
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a leather reclining sofa and chair set in February 2016. From then until now, your customer service has been called to our home 4 times! There..."
- "Beautiful leather La-Z-Boy recliner? WRONG! These are pictures of the arms of our $700+ leather La-Z-Boy recliner after 3 years of use by an adult user who is..."
- "I bought what was sold to me as a leather sofa- reclining ends and 2 rocker recliners. The couch is horrible. The cushions are all peeling and cracking. I called..."
- " went into the Raffles Salon April 2, 2015 around 5:30pm to get a shampoo and told Sarah that I have $300 Peruvian hair extensions and you have to be..."
- "My daughter had her phone in her lifeproof case and headphones attached. The headphones pulled on it and the phone shattered. It wasn't even dropped. Wth. I want a..."
- "I purchased a couch on 6/28/2013 at a store in Statesville N.C. The name of the store is A Great Furniture Place. There number is 704-873-7376. I have been trying..."
- "Maybe I can type better this time. Valen, purchased in September of 2010, sent to the rainbow bridge, December 08,2016. Dying from liver failure due to his intestines leaking into..."
- " HP PC's - Urgent - DO NOT BUY - Rubbish After Sales. So the story is, HP agree to pick up my PC for repair when the PC has..."
- "Total lack of communication by Builder with each other and home owner. They will tell you what you want to hear and then stall or not do it. 9 months..."