Lazboy - Never buy a la-z-boy product again

123 of 621 Lazboy reviews

Update added by user Nov 12

After another 6 months just getting worse!

Update added by user Apr 22

Customer service not helpful blamed it on normal use after 1 1/2 years we have no kids and are in our 60s. Our other furniture is anywhere from 12 -33 years old and are still in great shape, 2 12 year old la-z-boy love seats still like brand new, our 20 year old leather la-z-boy leather recliner chair finally showing some wear, Our new now 2+ year old la-z-boy electric recliner sofa going in the trash not even good enough to donate, piece of ***!!!!

Original review posted by user Apr 21

I am sad to see so many people having the same problem we have, but nothing but a foot rest was offered to us 6 months ago.We have bought la-z-boy products for over 20 years still have one leather recliner that finally needs to be replaced.

2.5 years ago we bought this what they called leather product, I think they called if performance material that would hold up to kids and pets we have two very small dogs, no kids and the one that occasionally lays on the sofa is 15 lbs and does not shed. With in 1.5 years the color was coming off the piping was cracking the top layer was peeling. I called customer service they ask for photos, which I sent and they said it was normal wear and tear. I am about the only one that sits on it.

Now it has been another 6 months sent we ask customer service for help and it now looks like a piece of trash worse than these pictures it is peeling and cracking everywhere, we are getting ready to throw it in the garbage not even worth donating. It is a very expensive electric reclining sofa. Very disappointed in La-z-boy, but we will not buy again from them. We will be going out next week to buy a new sofa and definitely not a LA-Z-BOY, EVER AGAIN!!!

Oh they did agree to send us a new foot rest finally that was it, I thought I could get buy with that if it did not get any worse, well it is a whole lot worse in just 6 more months. I wish there was some way to cover the sofa but it is in 3 sections the only option is to buy a new sofa. I have never had to throw out a piece of furniture after 2.5 years. Our Ethan Allen Furniture is now 33 years old and still in great condition.

We don't buy furniture lightly we buy it because we love the style and plan to keep it for a very long time.When I put this type of review on their web page that is when I first got a response but then they sent me a message it was not appropriate and took it down.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Style and Design

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Company does not stand behind its products
    • Do not stand by their product
    • Worst customer service
    • Not helpful at all
    • Extremely poor quality

Reason of review:
Bad quality, warranty stinks and poor customer service.
Preferred solution:
LaZBoy

Apr 29 #1151737

Lazboy verified representative

Hello,
Thanks for taking the time to reach out. We hope all of our customers have great furniture experiences, and we are very sorry for your dissatisfaction regarding the leather peeling and cracking on your sofa.
If you'd please send an email to socialsupport@la-z-boy.com with your name, address and telephone number, our team would be more than happy to further research you case.
Regards,
La-Z-Boy Incorporated

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Lazboy. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Lazboy.
Filing a new complaint about
×