Update added by user Nov 12, 2016
After another 6 months just getting worse!
Update added by user Apr 22, 2016
Customer service not helpful blamed it on normal use after 1 1/2 years we have no kids and are in our 60s. Our other furniture is anywhere from 12 -33 years old and are still in great shape, 2 12 year old la-z-boy love seats still like brand new, our 20 year old leather la-z-boy leather recliner chair finally showing some wear, Our new now 2+ year old la-z-boy electric recliner sofa going in the trash not even good enough to donate, piece of ***!!!!
Original review posted by user Apr 21, 2016
I am sad to see so many people having the same problem we have, but nothing but a foot rest was offered to us 6 months ago.We have bought la-z-boy products for over 20 years still have one leather recliner that finally needs to be replaced.
2.5 years ago we bought this what they called leather product, I think they called if performance material that would hold up to kids and pets we have two very small dogs, no kids and the one that occasionally lays on the sofa is 15 lbs and does not shed. With in 1.5 years the color was coming off the piping was cracking the top layer was peeling. I called customer service they ask for photos, which I sent and they said it was normal wear and tear. I am about the only one that sits on it.
Now it has been another 6 months sent we ask customer service for help and it now looks like a piece of trash worse than these pictures it is peeling and cracking everywhere, we are getting ready to throw it in the garbage not even worth donating. It is a very expensive electric reclining sofa. Very disappointed in La-z-boy, but we will not buy again from them. We will be going out next week to buy a new sofa and definitely not a LA-Z-BOY, EVER AGAIN!!!
Oh they did agree to send us a new foot rest finally that was it, I thought I could get buy with that if it did not get any worse, well it is a whole lot worse in just 6 more months. I wish there was some way to cover the sofa but it is in 3 sections the only option is to buy a new sofa. I have never had to throw out a piece of furniture after 2.5 years. Our Ethan Allen Furniture is now 33 years old and still in great condition.
We don't buy furniture lightly we buy it because we love the style and plan to keep it for a very long time.When I put this type of review on their web page that is when I first got a response but then they sent me a message it was not appropriate and took it down.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Company does not stand behind its products
- Do not stand by their product
- Worst customer service
- Not helpful at all
- Extremely poor quality
You May Also Like
- "We thought that the expensive leather construction was the way to go. On the left seat of the sofa, the thread wasn't pulled as tight as on the right seat. ..."
- "Bought a brown leather double electric recliners couch in sept. 7 13. It is very good mechanically and electronics work fine. Less than a year later, the headrest leather began..."
- "I bought what was sold to me as a leather sofa- reclining ends and 2 rocker recliners. The couch is horrible. The cushions are all peeling and cracking. I called..."
- "We ordered a shower finish trim kit from KB kitchen and Bath. It took 3 weeks to get. It took us a little longer to finish to tile in the..."
- "I spent good money on a can of planters deluxe mixed nut an when i open the can i find a lot of nesty green nuts all in this can..."
- "Just bought these 2 months ago. Today the sole at the heel came away from the sneaker. They must use some pretty cheap glue to have them fall apart after..."
- "I have been dealing with my issue since first of Feb. I called and called before i actually got to speak to someone. I was told to send pictures of..."
- "My daughter had her phone in her lifeproof case and headphones attached. The headphones pulled on it and the phone shattered. It wasn't even dropped. Wth. I want a..."
- "I purchased a couch on 6/28/2013 at a store in Statesville N.C. The name of the store is A Great Furniture Place. There number is 704-873-7376. I have been trying..."