Update added by user Apr 22
Customer service not helpful blamed it on normal use after 1 1/2 years we have no kids and are in our 60s. Our other furniture is anywhere from 12 -33 years old and are still in great shape, 2 12 year old la-z-boy love seats still like brand new, our 20 year old leather la-z-boy leather recliner chair finally showing some wear, Our new now 2+ year old la-z-boy electric recliner sofa going in the trash not even good enough to donate, piece of ***!!!!
Original review posted by user Apr 21
I am sad to see so many people having the same problem we have, but nothing but a foot rest was offered to us 6 months ago.We have bought la-z-boy products for over 20 years still have one leather recliner that finally needs to be replaced.
2.5 years ago we bought this what they called leather product, I think they called if performance material that would hold up to kids and pets we have two very small dogs, no kids and the one that occasionally lays on the sofa is 15 lbs and does not shed. With in 1.5 years the color was coming off the piping was cracking the top layer was peeling. I called customer service they ask for photos, which I sent and they said it was normal wear and tear. I am about the only one that sits on it.
Now it has been another 6 months sent we ask customer service for help and it now looks like a piece of trash worse than these pictures it is peeling and cracking everywhere, we are getting ready to throw it in the garbage not even worth donating. It is a very expensive electric reclining sofa. Very disappointed in La-z-boy, but we will not buy again from them. We will be going out next week to buy a new sofa and definitely not a LA-Z-BOY, EVER AGAIN!!!
Oh they did agree to send us a new foot rest finally that was it, I thought I could get buy with that if it did not get any worse, well it is a whole lot worse in just 6 more months. I wish there was some way to cover the sofa but it is in 3 sections the only option is to buy a new sofa. I have never had to throw out a piece of furniture after 2.5 years. Our Ethan Allen Furniture is now 33 years old and still in great condition.
We don't buy furniture lightly we buy it because we love the style and plan to keep it for a very long time.When I put this type of review on their web page that is when I first got a response but then they sent me a message it was not appropriate and took it down.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Company does not stand behind its products
- Do not stand by their product
- Worst customer service
- Not helpful at all
- Extremely poor quality
You May Also Like
- "Bought Lazy-Boy recliner 4 years ago, we are snowbirds so actual use 20 months, contacted Customer service and went through the motions with them. The problem is the dye was..."
- "I purchased a rocker, swivel, recliner now about 4 years and purchased their Guardian protection. Within the first year the seat binding raveled and they replaced it. Next..."
- "Bought custom Devon Sectional. Left arm recliner curve design is a major issue. Need to force the unit to recline. The back of the unit design is off center. Parts..."
- "I have been dealing with my issue since first of Feb. I called and called before i actually got to speak to someone. I was told to send pictures of..."
- " went into the Raffles Salon April 2, 2015 around 5:30pm to get a shampoo and told Sarah that I have $300 Peruvian hair extensions and you have to be..."
- "My daughter had her phone in her lifeproof case and headphones attached. The headphones pulled on it and the phone shattered. It wasn't even dropped. Wth. I want a..."
- "DO NOT USE THE LAWN GUY!!!!!!!! Was just scammed and lied to about service. So mad about how we were treated! Please save your money and time. Horrible company! Was told..."
- "Direct tv tech attached my satellite brackets on my roof with NAILS. I was selling my home located at 6828 Valley Lane in Leeds, Al. and the home inspector found..."
- "A few weeks ago, I purchased a pair of MK snakeskin slip-on sneakers. The store did not have my size, so the woman assisting me ordered the correct size to..."