1.7
Style and Design

Update by user Sep 01

Got another letter from corporate saying send them the info (again!) and they would review. I resent everything and got the same response no, Plus they didn’t make that line of sofas anymore.

I responded and they sent the exact same request for info which I did and they responded negatively again. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM LAZY BOY - THEY ARE A CHEAP, RIP OFF COMPANY.

Original review posted by user Aug 02

Our $2000 leather sofa became discolored 2 1/2 years after purchase. We contacted the 5 year warranty people who sent a technician out who said it needed to be replaced, then said he wasn’t a leather expert and one of those never showed.

Instead we got an e-mail saying the 5 year extended warranty wouldn’t cover it. We went back to store to complain with photos and finally got a letter from corporate that they wouldn’t cover normal wear and tear. 2 1/2 years? Really?

But they would send out a technician to look at it and charge us $109/hour. We showed the sales person photos which were sent to corporate.

That’s when we got that stupid letter. Would never buy anything from that store again and am warning everyone I know.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Selling cheap piece of crap for 2000.

Comments

DifferentSaurian

More info. Company contacted me from Pissed Consumer.

Had me send more photos of sofa and all tags. Told me that that was normal wear and tear and leather only has 1 year warranty.

They would send out a repair tech ( at my expense of course) but they no longer supply that leather so, oh well. Please warn everyone don’t do business with Lazy Boy.

LaZBoy
Lazboy Verified Representative

Hello, Thanks for reaching out about your leather sofa. We're so sorry for your frustration regarding the discoloration.

Our team would love the opportunity to further investigate. Please send an email to socialsupport@la-z-boy.com with your name, telephone number and retailer's information.

Please include review number 1319611 in the subject line of your email. Regards, La-Z-Boy