We purchased a Gibson loveseat a little over a year ago. Its used mostly on weekends. A couple of months ago we noticed that the left seat was beginning to incline backwards even in a non-recline position. We went to the store and were advised to adjust the butterfly screws. When we came back home and were about to adjust it, we noticed a slight bulge in the center board. There were some wood shavings below as well. We immediately called for service. We stopped using the loveseat and a few weeks later, the technician dismantled the board to inspect. To our horror, the board was previously broken and and had a piece of wood stapled to keep it intact. (see picture). We called the store and the assistant who we have a good relationship with checked discreetly if this was a previously owned piece. It wasn't. This was a brand new piece that came straight from the factory.
Really Lazy Boy???? is this how you cut costs - at the expense of your brand?? Is this how bad your quality control is?? We paid $1300 for this love seat. The elast we would expect is a finished product with high quality... We just purchased another set of chairs before we discovered this and are now regretting it. I can understand if this was manufactured overseas or if this was a wear and tear issue. But clearly some one in your factory decided to staple two pieces of broken wood and cover it up. Your stores blatantly and shamelessly scream...Made in America.... Assembled in America with years of craftsmanship. The least you can do is honor the American tradition of high quality and if you cant do that, don't claim to do so.
We feel betrayed that we trusted your brand and were expecting lifelong quality (how foolish of us). You are no better than any other manufacturer that imports goods from overseas. A very fatal mistake to your brand, setting a very poor precedent for your far and now fewer future customers.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "We have had our chair for ~1.5 years and the "leather" is peeling/lighter colored spots. When we bought this chair we were assured it was real leather. When we showed..."
- "I bought what was sold to me as a leather sofa- reclining ends and 2 rocker recliners. The couch is horrible. The cushions are all peeling and cracking. I called..."
- "Headrest on recliner cracked in 3 places and peeling like dead skin..."
- "I prepaid for a vacation at Westgate and agreed to a 90 presentation. Unfortunately I had a medical emergency & went to the front desk an hour and half..."
- "Two chests shipped by UPS were destroyed in transit. UPs refuses to accept liability and bounces me to the local shipping agent, who bounces me back to UPS. UPS then..."
- "LG High Efficiency Washer Orig cost $1099 – I got at discount then - LG wants to pay me $400 and take my washer because they dismantled and trashed my..."
- "At the location I go to has at least 2 parking spots for expecting moms and "new moms". I thought this wording was too narrow because other stores such as..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam; Good day!I've been calling your customer service and waiting for 20 minutes everytime i call, unfortunately never answered at all. Anyway,may i request your good office for a"..."
- "AVOID POSHMARK! I bought Burberry boots on their site saying they were new with tags. I got the boots in the mail and they are scuffed, and say made in..."