We purchased a Gibson loveseat a little over a year ago. Its used mostly on weekends. A couple of months ago we noticed that the left seat was beginning to incline backwards even in a non-recline position. We went to the store and were advised to adjust the butterfly screws. When we came back home and were about to adjust it, we noticed a slight bulge in the center board. There were some wood shavings below as well. We immediately called for service. We stopped using the loveseat and a few weeks later, the technician dismantled the board to inspect. To our horror, the board was previously broken and and had a piece of wood stapled to keep it intact. (see picture). We called the store and the assistant who we have a good relationship with checked discreetly if this was a previously owned piece. It wasn't. This was a brand new piece that came straight from the factory.
Really Lazy Boy???? is this how you cut costs - at the expense of your brand?? Is this how bad your quality control is?? We paid $1300 for this love seat. The elast we would expect is a finished product with high quality... We just purchased another set of chairs before we discovered this and are now regretting it. I can understand if this was manufactured overseas or if this was a wear and tear issue. But clearly some one in your factory decided to staple two pieces of broken wood and cover it up. Your stores blatantly and shamelessly scream...Made in America.... Assembled in America with years of craftsmanship. The least you can do is honor the American tradition of high quality and if you cant do that, don't claim to do so.
We feel betrayed that we trusted your brand and were expecting lifelong quality (how foolish of us). You are no better than any other manufacturer that imports goods from overseas. A very fatal mistake to your brand, setting a very poor precedent for your far and now fewer future customers.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Bought a Lazy Boy Brutus Leather looking Recliner two years ago and now the material is flaking off the top section of the recliner. when I contacted Lazy Boy customer..."
- "We purchased a recliner in November of 2015. The chair needs to be aligned and the cushion replaced. White threading is coming through and it's a taupe color..."
- " NO MORE LAZY BOY FURNITURE FOR ME,MY FAMILY AND MY FRIENDS. BOUGHT 2 LEATHER SWIVEL RECLINERS IN MARCH 2015 WITH AN EXTENDED WARRANTY. ONE CHAIR STARTED PEELING..."
- "They are horrible. I just got a coat. was supposed to be Medium, but is size XXXS or "zero." Won't fit anyone over the age of 10. I am out..."
- "So, like many Americans, I took part in Black Friday. While stocking up on various items, I went to the skinstore.com to get some face lotion (Epionce Renewal Facial Lotion)..."
- "I shopped in Emeryville California Ikea store and opted for home delivery service. This store is about 35 miles from my house in Dublin CA. Delivery was scheduled for 01/11/2016..."
- "On June 7th we made a simple drop-off to have a chipped diamond replaced in Emily’s wedding ring. We were told that her ring repair was covered under a service..."
- "I had a five month old German Shepherd and I was taking him regularly to Banfield Pet Hospital on 6134 E. Colonial Dr Orlando, FL 32807, every time we..."
- "I am very disappointed in your services. I was SUPPOSE to have a flight out of Clarksburg, WV on July 7th, 2016, however, that did not happen. My flight was..."