We purchased a Gibson loveseat a little over a year ago. Its used mostly on weekends. A couple of months ago we noticed that the left seat was beginning to incline backwards even in a non-recline position. We went to the store and were advised to adjust the butterfly screws. When we came back home and were about to adjust it, we noticed a slight bulge in the center board. There were some wood shavings below as well. We immediately called for service. We stopped using the loveseat and a few weeks later, the technician dismantled the board to inspect. To our horror, the board was previously broken and and had a piece of wood stapled to keep it intact. (see picture). We called the store and the assistant who we have a good relationship with checked discreetly if this was a previously owned piece. It wasn't. This was a brand new piece that came straight from the factory.
Really Lazy Boy???? is this how you cut costs - at the expense of your brand?? Is this how bad your quality control is?? We paid $1300 for this love seat. The elast we would expect is a finished product with high quality... We just purchased another set of chairs before we discovered this and are now regretting it. I can understand if this was manufactured overseas or if this was a wear and tear issue. But clearly some one in your factory decided to staple two pieces of broken wood and cover it up. Your stores blatantly and shamelessly scream...Made in America.... Assembled in America with years of craftsmanship. The least you can do is honor the American tradition of high quality and if you cant do that, don't claim to do so.
We feel betrayed that we trusted your brand and were expecting lifelong quality (how foolish of us). You are no better than any other manufacturer that imports goods from overseas. A very fatal mistake to your brand, setting a very poor precedent for your far and now fewer future customers.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Bought new cover for sectional, 3 months later saw a small tear in center of cushion. took pictures and find complaint, Oh reason I replaced cushion was it was tearing..."
- "i purchased a chair in March 2015 and paid $1300.00 in full. When I finally received the chair the cushion did not fit the chair and the pleats were not..."
- "Bought a Lazy Boy Brutus Leather looking Recliner two years ago and now the material is flaking off the top section of the recliner. when I contacted Lazy Boy customer..."
- "On January 15th 2015 I usually would go to Ace elite and personally deposit my paycheck I have been a regular customer for quite sometime now and decided to try..."
- "Do not get sucked into a franchise you cannot manage because of cut throat profits and unfair treatment of dealers. Not only that type of behavior, but also hiding..."
- "We purchased King Size Restonic Mattress set in May 2010. First set they sent was the wrong set so we had to wait for the right set to be sent...."
- "Better use consignee rather than your own people which not taking care and stealing the contents of the box. batter add precautions and implement rules to avoid this kind of..."
- "I lost 75 lbs and it feels like 100 lbs. I couldn't have done it without the Roca Labs regimen.It was so easy to do. Those who say it doesn't..."
- "Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! This has been one of the worst experiences ever! 3 weeks ago i signed up for the 7 day free trial, immediately charged 99.99. Contacted google, and..."