Ashlee M Psr

| map-marker Bloomington, Illinois

Customer Experience

Furniture was delivered with knats in it. They picked the sofa up and returned it but will not return the other items I ordered around the sofa purchasecoffee table, rug and pillows because its a custom order. I just want my full refundI will never shop there again.

LaZBoy

Hi, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Please send us at email at socialsupport@***a-z-boy.com. We would be happy to investigate your concerns.

Featured
Rick R Bfe

| map-marker Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Crap for honoring their warranty sold for pet protection

Lazboy - Crap for honoring their warranty sold for pet protection

I purchased a power recliner in 2021 from Lazyboy with a serveco total protection with Pet 5 year warranty. Three years later my cats scratched the chair badly.

Lazyboy said this type of damage was covered but serveco after viewing the uploaded info to them decided this was caused from multiple occurrences and rejected my warranty claim.

They never even come out to inspect my chair with should be covered from pet damage. I want a FULL REFUND OF MY $270 WASTED WITH YOUR WORTHLESS COMPANY!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Total protection with pet warranty isnt worth anything

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Dont buy from the liars at lazyboy

Rick R Bfe
reply icon Replying to comment of LaZBoy

I have sent a full explanation of the issue with the pictures and documentation to serveco , what more documentation could you want and what exactly could I expect from your investigation? This whole warranty on my recliner has been a huge scam and sold by LazyBoy store in Wilmington North Carolina.

Guest

This is the same posting Serveco posted on the BBB site less the $125 refund. My point is I was gone on vacation when my cats damaged the chair.

What Serveco is trying to get away with is claiming the damage was created over time but I am saying this should be considered one occurence during the time I was gone. This is just typical of Serveco cheating their way out of providing repair services for damage that should be honored by the warranty.

If they are not going to repair my chair then I want my full $270 refund! We will see what the District Attorney has to say about these crooked activities!

Guest

The consumer purchased the La-Z-Boy Total Care Power Plus Pet. Pet damage is within the coverage scope, however, it is subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the Service Contract, mirroring those of any typical contractual agreement.

Listed on the front page of the of the Service Contract listed under “WHAT IS NOT COVERED” the 3rd bullet down it states, “Any accumulation of stains or damage, including stains, damage or soil buildup (as well as perspiration, hair, and body oil) that occurs from repeated use, rather than from a particular incident.” The consumer indicated that the damage occurred while they were on a cruise overseas, spanning a period of time rather than being the result of a single specific incident. The photos submitted confirm the reported damage could not be attributed to one specific incident, rather from repeated use over a timeframe, as there are extensive scratches throughout the entire piece on every part of the chair. The consumer stated (quote) “scratch marks over most of the chair/ all over the chair.” ServeCo regrets the consumer's dissatisfaction with the Service Request status but must ensure adherence to the terms and conditions of the Service Contract to maintain the integrity of the process. The consumer retains coverage for power/mechanical issues as listed in the Service Contract, with the exclusion of leather repair for any future Service Requests.

If the consumer does not want to keep the Service Contract ServeCo is offering a Resolution payout of $125.00.

If the consumer chooses to accept this offer, ServeCo will process the check request, and the consumer can expect to receive it within the next 10 days. We understand this may not fully resolve the situation, but we hope it provides some assistance moving forward.

View more comments (3)
map-marker Roanoke, Virginia

I thought they produced good quality. I don't think I was right.

NEVER La-z-boy again.

We went furniture shopping in 2023; we were replacing a 15-year-old set of Berkline reclining furniture. Most reclining sets that we were able to see in and around Roanoke, Virginia had gaps between the seat and back rest when reclined.

This was a problem for us. Upon hearing our concerns, the salesman pointed us towards La-z-boy. He added that we could choose the color and the material. We wanted a sofa that all 3 pieces reclined, along with a love seat and recliner.

We were very pleased with the way that the manual recliners allowed you to recline the back rest without having to raise the legs.

We placed the special order for the La-z-boy James set in a stucco color in March 2023. The furniture was delivered in May 2023. As the delivery drivers were bringing the furniture in the door, I stopped them and said that the love seat was damaged. The design stitching on one side of the love seat did not match the other; it was very noticeable that the lines did not match up.

Once the sofa (3 individual pieces) were put together, there were terrible gaps between the pieces. The delivery drivers tried to adjust the sofa pieces and were unable to do so. They said there was a problem with the frame. The delivery staff said they would alert their boss there was a problem when the store reopened, someone would be getting in touch with me.

We met the salesman at the store with pictures when the store opened and let them know how dissatisfied we were.

We had place and paid for a Special order that should have been delivered as expected. The salesman told me that he would get back with me after the repair team had been to look at the set to see what they could do. He reminded me that this was a special order, and it falls into a different category than their normal 30-day return policy. We explained that we understood the difference in the policy, but these pieces were not right!

We told the salesman, one would think a special order would have had more care since it had already been sold. My disappointment with the quality control department at Lazy-boy could not be measured. Someone at Lazy-boy should have seen the problem with the love seat before shipment. Several weeks later, the repair guy came and looked at the set.

He tried to adjust the 3 pieces of the sofa on the frame but could not get the gaps out of them. The love seat, there was nothing he could do short of ordering another seat, that the lines might or might not match the other.

July 2023, the salesman contacted us and said he had gotten it cleared for a full re-selection. We were told that we would be allowed a 1 time exchange. That was nice, because La-z-boy had done a really poor job on the 1st set that was special ordered.

Discussing once again, the concerns with the previous set, the salesman explained to us that the frames for Lazy-boy reclining furniture was made at one factory and the cushions at another and then put together. No longer is the frame and covering done at the same location. Well, no wonder, the cushions did not match up. This helped us decide on a set that the design on the seats weren't noticeable if they didn't match the piece right beside it.

Not an easy feat as so many of the designs sets are made with cushions that have lines that are supposed to look like they are made to fit with the seat next to it.

We chose the Morrison collection from La-z-boy because of the lack of gap between the seat and the back cushion and the feature to recline the back without reclining the legs.

Early September 2023, the sofa and love seat were delivered. They looked good. I say good because the love seat still had issues with the cushions and the chair still had not arrived. We checked out the reclining features of the love seat and the sofa.

All was good. Our recliner was delivered October 5 and all was good. Actually, it was really nice. I emailed our salesman and told him to cancel the request for service for the cushions on the love seat.

My hopes were they would finally relax and look like they belonged together.

November 25, 2023, I emailed our salesman and let him know we needed a service call. The sofa while sitting on it, left arm reclining, the seat is making a loud scraping noise when reclining the back. It sounds as if something is wearing against another part. The repairman came December 1, 2023.

He reclined the sofa so that he could feel/hear what the issue was and then went to the other side raised the leg part of the sofa where he took a picture of the tag underneath so that he could order a new mechanism. While he was here, we asked him to look at the recliner arm and back of the seat. The recliner delivered in October already had an elbow dent in the arm cushion and the back cushion was very flat. The repairman said he could get some more stuffing put in there so that would not happen again and would have it picked up after the holidays.

January 2024, the mechanism came in, and the repairman came out.

The new mechanism was installed (it was a different kind as he had to drill a new hole to install), all seemed great. The chair was picked up the same day. The chair was returned a week later. The stuffing in the back of the seat appears to be holding up well.

The armrest where the elbow dent was, is coming back after a month of use.

February 1, 2024, another email was sent to the salesman as another service call was needed. The side of the sofa that had been repaired with a new mechanism now had a ding sound when reclined. It sounded like a spring being plucked. Within a couple of days, the spring sound went away, but the same grinding sound had returned, and the other side of the sofa is beginning to sound the same way.

The love seat was checked, and it is still as smooth as glass. No one sits on the love seat. Maybe that's why it still sounds as if it is new. You would think that not even being a year old, the same would be said for the sofa.

February 15, 2024, the repair man came to replace the mechanism on the side he had not yet repaired.

I explained to him that the side he had fixed was also doing the same thing again. He told me that he only had one mechanism with him, and if the side he had repaired was doing it again, there wasn't really any reason to try doing the same thing that didn't fix it the first time. He turned the sofa over, he showed us by moving the upper seat back and forth where the noise is coming from. The repairman decided to go to the hardware store to get some lithium grease to put between the track and the rollers to see if that would help.

It did not help. He explained that the design of the mechanism had changed in the last six months; he told me the only way to possibly fix it the way it is now made would require shaving the metal wheel that goes in the track, and that would void my warranty. Well, I can not do that and void the warranty. I did however suggest this possible fix be brought up to the sales rep so he could talk to the engineers that get paid the big bucks.

Our sofa is not working as it did when new, and it is not old now.

By the way, the repairman who worked on this has 25 years of experience with the company we purchased this from.

The repairman was going to let the salesman know what the results were, and we are waiting to hear what can be done, or if we are stuck with a special order sofa that sounds and feels horrible when reclining.

You should never buy a La-z-boy product and in only a few months feel like you purchased a Big Lots item. I would like to think that this is abnormal for La-z-boy, but I am not convinced and not willing to try for number three the next time.

User's recommendation: do your research!

Guest

We have the same experience with the mechanisms scrapping shortly after purchase. Exchanged couch within 30 days.

Now at 60 days both the loveseat and the replacement couch is scraping. Horrible design.

View more comments (1)
Robert B Vfj

| map-marker Santa Clara, California

Why was I asked to leave the store?

February 5, 2024

Part 2

Asked to leave the store.

On February 2nd, 2014, my wife and I went to La Z Boy furniture store. Stevens Creek Blvd., San Jose, CA to follow up on issues regarding my recliner.

The recliner was purchased on June 11th, 2023. We spoke with the store manager and requested a progress report on the work requested on my recliner. I have not received any communication for weeks regarding any progress. I mentioned to the store manager I mailed a letter to La Z Boy headquarters in Monroe, MI., about the customer service and the nonexistent communication.

I also mailed a copy to the store manager as a professional courtesy, so he would not be blindsided when he heard about the letter. Not only that, but I asked the manager if he received the letter. I gave him a copy of the letter. My wife and I were advised by the store manager that he seldom reads his emails and with the amount of daily mail, he seldom had time to read the mail.

I asked for an update on getting the materials for my recliner issues. He stated that as of two weeks ago, there was nothing for or on my recliner. On January 30, 2024, while conducting my La Z Boy research, I noticed San Jose had a La Z Boy Headquarters/ distribution center on Lenfest Road. I stopped by the San Jose office and share my La Z Boy concerns and gave the person who was helping me a copy of the letter I mailed to the Michigan headquarters.

I left a letter for the area manager who oversees the store in question. The person at the desk stated they wanted to look at our account to see if there were any notations referring to my recliner issues. There were notes about my recliner arms and seat cushion. One seat cushion had been exchanged with the same cushion that was being replaced.

There were notes about the recliner arms referring to the material that was addressed. The person at the desk stated that they could take my order and pass it on to the store manager where the recliner had been purchased, the Stevens Creek Blvd store. Unbeknownst to the store manager who had no knowledge of my research until the issue came up about my recliner issues at the store on February 1, 2024. My wife and I were told by the store manager that he had spoken with his manager and no refunds would be forthcoming.

This statement has been mentioned several times. My only concern was to verify the status of work to be done on my recliner. Professional courtesy dictated that I share my findings from the La Z Boy, San Jose headquarters / distribution center so the manager at the Stevens Creek Blvd store would not get blindsided by the information I received. There were orders for arm covering and seat cushions for my recliner, which would be emailed to the purchasing store for approval.

After hearing this information, the store managers' attitude changed to hostility. I was accused of playing games. At that point, I was asked to leave the store. My wife and I left the store not knowing why I was asked to leave.

My wife was not asked to leave the store. We came together. We left together. We left La Z Boy and drove home.

Within the hour, the La Z Boy store Manager called. He stated something to the effect that he didn't want to play games. He stated that he had made a decision to give us a full refund. Not only that, but he stated that he made the decision, and the refund would resolve the issue.

My response was," is this how you want to handle this issue"? All I wanted was my recliner with the needed repairs. He restated, he had made the decision to end this with a full refund. The recliner was picked up on February 5, 2024.

In the beginning of my recliner issues, I mentioned to the store manager, if the modifications issues regarding my recliner were not possible, no problem! You get your chair. I get my refund. The store manager asked me to allow him time to do his job.

As a customer, I wanted to be fair and let him do his job. On February 1, 2024, with no communication from La Z Boy regarding my recliner. My wife and I stopped by the Stevens Creek Blvd store. We spoke to the store manager.

Several minutes into the conversation, I was asked to leave the store. Why I was asked to leave the store is at this point unknown. Being asked to leave La Z Boy store was a shock. First time I have been asked to leave any store anywhere in a long time.

The last time I was about 8 years old. Blacks had to use the back door, black and white drinking fountains and schools were segregated. Seventy years later in a La Z Boy store in California, Discrimination, based on a specifically protected class of people.

With no explanation for why I was asked to leave the store, it felt like I was 8 years old again.

Robert B Vfj

| map-marker Santa Clara, California

Recliner issues! I was asked to leave the store. ??

Part 1

January 17, 2024

Happy New Year, Brian,

San Jose, CA La Z Boy store manager,

I wanted to keep you in the loop regarding our recliner issue. We haven't heard anything about the seat cushion or the replacement appointment. I share with you this letter I sent to lazboy customer service, Michigan. I feel, you have a need to know. So, you're not blindsided.

Have a great today,

January 16, 2024

Good evening, Annazean

Customer Service Representative.

La Z Boy Residential

One La Z Boy Drive

Monroe, Michigan 48162

Happy New Year!

Thank you for your response to my issue regarding my recliner. My issues are not to complain in any way about the customer service we received and continue to receive from Lazy Boy. The store manager, Brian Hernandez, and associates, 3529 Stevens Creek Blvd. San Jose, CA. Good customer service!!

Our journey started in June 2023. I wanted a recliner for my birthday. My wife suggested lazy boy. She had recently bought a sofa from Lazy Boy. As we entered the store. The atmosphere was relaxing. No problems. We looked around before we were approached. Once I found the recliner, we sat with the associate discussing the chair in question. The recliner in question was purchased. A security deposit was explained and accepted. We were advised the chair would take approximately three to four months before delivery. On September 15, 2023, we were notified that the recliner was ready for delivery. The chair balance was paid. The recliner was delivered September 21, 2023.

I briefly gave the recliner a once over for flaws before the delivery team left. We were advised that once the delivery team left, if any flaws were found, we needed to notify the store of purchase. When the delivery team left, I gave the chair a thorough inspection. I found a few flaws that were obvious. The recliner that was delivered was not like the one I sat in at the store. The armrest had very little padding, l could feel more wood than padding, and was very uncomfortable to rest my arms on. Standing, facing the recliner, on the right side of the seat cushions, I could see our hardwood floors. The left side was flushed with the left side of the seat cushion. Not being an expert on recliners, I could not mistake the manufacturers professional upholstery material defects. On both arms of the recliner. Especially when you are in the reclining position. After sitting in the recliner for several days, I felt like I was sitting in *** The seat cushion was very uncomfortable. Under the furniture warranty, I contacted the dealer where the purchase was made, for issues regarding the recliner. This was done by phone and in person several times. Regarding the seat cushion, we were told this by the manager, an appointment must be made to replace the seat cushion. I asked, was the replacement the same seat cushion as the one being replaced? He stated, yes!!? Appointment was made at the purchasing store. October/November/2023. Professionally, the manager asked me to allow him to do his job. I stated to the manager, more than once, I was not returning the recliner. I paid for it, already, given the price of the recliner, I would like to get my money's worth so l can enjoy a professional piece of art. The Recliner!! I want to be fair. If this is not possible, no problem! You get your chair; I get my refund.

Representative Annazean, I hope I have given you the detailed information you have requested. Please forgive me regarding the pictures. I haven't learned how to transfer pics to this letter.

Have a great today, NA

Dale D Idv

| map-marker Grand Chute, Wisconsin

Paid a lot of money and the sofa was delivered broken

On Dec 21 2023 I went to La z boy Furniture on Von Talge Road and purchased a Pinnacle Wall Reclining sofa and a Jasper Rocking Recliner Chair. We paid to have each piece protected by the 5 yr protection plan.

We also paid a delivery fee. We received our furniture on 2/16/24. Frames and other parts were broken. I called La z boy and they said it is covered under warranty and they will send someone out to look at it.

We made an appointment for 3/2/24. The repairman said that the frame was broken and they would send parts. I received the parts on 3/7/24 and made an appointment for the repair to be done on 3/27/24 (the earliest possible day). The repairman did not show up for the appointment, nor did he call to cancel or reschedule.

I called the next day to speak with someone about the no show and she told me the earliest time they could come was 4/24/24. The repairman came today and said that not only was the bottom frame broken, but the back frame was broken also and he had to order that part.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Recliner is nice
Cons:
  • Poor service
  • Overpriced
  • Poor quality

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Lazy Boy is not worth the money!

Tom Z Bat

Need refund on labor

Lazboy - Need refund on labor
Lazboy - Need refund on labor - Image 2
Could fix my love seat because it's the seat cushion not the springs that you sent since you don't fix seat cushions which by the way was what I communicated to the lady I talked to ori the original call I would like a refund
Loss:
Pros:
  • I liked the couch very much
Cons:
  • Service call was unsuccessful at fixing my lovedeat

User's recommendation: I don’t know

Resolved
Roy K Obb

| map-marker Austin, Texas

Resolved: Sleeper/Couch Air Mattress Deflates in ONE HOUR - LEAK

Updated by user Apr 12, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Customer service finally answered the phone.

Said they would replace the air mattress for free, rather exchangecthe bad one for a new one.Only thing is, I have to wait at least 3 weeks for them to ship it to a local store. Then I have to wait until that store gets it and decides to call me.In the meantime, I would have nothing to sleep on...except I bought a memory foam mattress for sleeper couch and will be using it instead.Oh I will get that air mattress, but store it away

Original review Mar 28, 2024
The air mattress of my sleeper/couch does not stay inflated. It deflats within an hour. I use this as my bed every night. Now, I HAVE NO PLACE TO SLEEP EXCEPT IN MY RECLINER. I need this replaced immediately, not next week or next month. NOW. In fact, I want it replaced with the memory foam mattress. The last I heard, the memory foam does not spring a leak after only 6 months. Please contact me immediately. Thank you.

User's recommendation: Don't buy anything at La-Z-Boy, too expensive, and NO customer service after you buy

Michael C Lhp

| map-marker Bonita Springs, Florida

Peeling leather

Lazboy - Peeling leather
Lazboy - Peeling leather - Image 2
Lazboy - Peeling leather - Image 3
We purchased a Tripoli leather sofa (330-713 LB143554) and recliner (010-713 LB143554) in Fort Myers, FL which were delivered in 2018. We chose Lazyboy for its quality. We were definitive in asking for all leather products. After 5 years, we noticed some peeling on the recliner. It has now become so obvious we can no longer use it. This is our second home, so the furniture goes unused for much of the year. Our condo is temperature and humidity controlled year round. We need something to be done about this obviously inferior product.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Selling bonded leather and not disclosing

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Beware of the fake leather

gil M Chi

Verified Reviewer

Unhappy with my new recliner

I bought a new leather Lazy Boy recliner from Lazy Boy store in Beaumont tx & It was delivered on time 2/22/24. I called the store 3/27/24 to explain my disappointment with the flimsy footrest mechanism which wabbles and sags with leg weight.

I also complained that the leather match vinyl was not the same texture & obviously vinyl. I asked to exchange the $1700 recliner for a better quality one, but the salesman offered no help except to quote the warranty covers parts only. This is NOT a warranty claim; it is a complaint of inferior quality and workmanship. I immediately sent my concerns to Lazyboy website 3/27/24 with No response from Lazyboy.

On 4/1/24 I called 855-802-**** & requested a callback; a lady called me back.

I explained my quality concerns, & she punted me back to the dealer saying there's nothing Lazyboy could do.

I've owned Lazyboy products for many years & currently have 2 Lazyboy recliners in my den. However, I am very DISAPPOINTED with the quality of this cheaply-made new leather recliner and with Lazyboy's lack of customer concern.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Buyer beware. Lazyboy quality is not assured & they don't care.

Lisa C Sqd

Terrible Customer Service

Updated by user Feb 12, 2024

I finally reached someone at Lazboy on Monday, they contacted the repair people and they came out the following Monday to repair my chair. I couldn't really wait that long, so I rewired the lift myself with the parts they sent! But I'm finally satisfied with that part,...

Original review Feb 03, 2024
First, I ordered a loveseat (cloth) on Thanksgiving. 9 weeks later, no loveseat.

Supposed to take 6 to 8 weeks for delivery and they say "We will keep you updated as your furniture moves through production if we see any changes. ". Haven't heard a word from them.
Then, a lift chair I bought in July 2023 stopped working. This is for a disabled person and because the footrest is stuck up, they can't use it.

It stopped working Jan 12. Yes, it's a warranty, but I would gladly have anyone fix and and pay for it. But no one except an "authorized" repair person will touch it, and you have to call Lazboy to get one. There's the problem.

No one ever answers the phone! They definitely need more than 1 customer service person. I finally got someone to look at it and of course it needs a part.They weirdly ship it direct to the customer instead of the repair company, so I have to call Lazboy again to get them to authorize said repair company to come back!!! The repair company is awesome, why not ship to them or at least let me call them to come out.

Spent and hour on hold Friday and couldn't reach them. If I eventually get them and eventually get someone to come out, it had better be the right part or I'm going to explode
Pros:
  • Solidly built
Cons:
  • Pricey
  • Only one place to get service

Preferred solution: my loveseat delivered and my chair fixed

User's recommendation: Find out before you buy where you can get your furniture repaired

Guest

Update - I called to try and find the loveseat this morning - they are saying it will "ship" the 2nd week of February. Not sure where the order comes from (I can't stay on the phone with them too long or I'll lose what temper I have left!) but I'm guessing I won't see it until the 23rd, which will be 3 full months from the order date.

That's too long to wait! If it had said that in the beginning, I would have gone somewhere else.

Leslie Lynda B

Verified Reviewer

Horrible quality and unreliable customer care

Original review Jan 30, 2024

Lazyboy Furniture must have been bought out. The name used to me Excellent quality and exceptional customer service.

That is no longer the case. There are several fb pages now on the horrific cheap Furniture that Lazyboy now sells and then simply is no customer care. When you have an entire new living room delivered and there is a problem and you call to report it within the first few weeks of delivery and tge service dept never calls you back and the sales dept wants nothing to do with you anymore because their work is done and you paid 500.00 for an extended warranty, that means NOTHING BECAUSE NO ONE DOES ANYTHING AT LAZYBOY ANYMORE and it takes you writing to the BBB after 10 months of Lazyboy doing nothing and then they come out and don't have the correct items and restuff a new sofa with COTTON...THEN IS A HUGE PROBLEM WITH THIS BUSINESS. THEY are no longer the Company they once were.

BUT ANYWHERE ELSE. THEY STAND BY NOTHING. THEY ARE DISHONEST. Once they have the sale...that's all they care about.

They don't even return phone calls. I hope there is a lawsuit/class action against them. I would be part of that in a heartbeat. You pay for quality and the LAZYBOY name that used to mean something and NO LONGER MEANS anything worthy.

Their Furniture now is overpriced because it is simply JUNK. IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME DO A FB SEARCH and you will see other recent customers of Lazyboy complaints of their current quality. Lazyboy Furniture used to last YEARS AND YEARS...now, I kid you not, it is delivered to your home in very poor quality. I'm ready to file a suit with others.

WHO SOLD OUT THE LAZYBOY NAME??? PURCHASED Directly at a LAZYBOY STORE in Murfreesboro Tn. July or August 2022. They were backlogged with orders.

Our furniture was delivered Jan 2023. We called with our first complaint upon DELIVERY...and made many, many, many, many calls within this first year because they do NOT rerurn phone calls. Plus we paid 500.00 for an EXTENDED warranty!!!

How is that EVER GOOD if they do NOT RETURN PHONE CALLS or COME AND SERVICE until months and months later? HORRIBLE BUSINESS!!!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Lazyboy name used to be a pro it no longer is
Cons:
  • Quality padding fabric customer service

User's recommendation: Do NOT buy current LAZYBOY FURNITURE

Karen H Flg

| map-marker Grapevine, Texas

So pissed off!!!

Original review Feb 12, 2024

I bought a love seat that reclines. Waited 8 weeks bc I picked out my own fabric.

Bought a recliner to match. The recliner is fantastic. The love seat is a piece of garbage. They delivered it and each seat, when I sat on it, I leaned toward the center.

I told the delivery guys the second they delivered them. He said to call customer service. I did and they sent a tech out, he came, agreed they were leaning towards the center. Ordered new seats.

Got new seats delivered in December.

Guess what?? Theyre leaning too!!! I thought Id give it awhile and maybe itd settle down but it only got worse. Now I call customer service and the witch is blaming ME for the seats leaning saying Im sitting in the seats wrong.

I must be leaning in them. Right. Then why have no other couch Ive ever owned leaned? And its natural to lean towards the arm rest, not the center of the couch!!

Im so pissed off I want to throw her!! She said they wont replace the seats again, theyll only pick up the entire couch to see if theres something wrong with it.

So someone is coming out to pickup my loveseat to take it in to see if theres something wrong with it. I just want a different loveseat. Im NOT happy with this one.

But, no. That cant happen.

I just pray the technicians find the problem and fix my loveseat.

Otherwise Im going to sell this hunk of junk very cheap and buy something else. I cant stand this!!

Cant someone please tell me where I can get a good couch??

Karenhiggins88@ ya hoo dot com

Thanks!!

$2000
Pros:
  • Recliner is nice
  • Sales person was nice and helpful at time of purchase
Cons:
  • Customer service and product quality
  • Customer service representatives skills

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Stay away from Lazyboy!!

map-marker Nashua, New Hampshire

La Z Boy furniture is not same quality as it was years ago

I use to always buy my couches and recliners from La Z Boy for years. I always said I would never buy a couch or recliner anywhere else except from La Z Boy.

Since my recliner my 10+ I wanted to buy a new recliner. So bought my new recliner at my local La Z Boy, this certain model was so nice on the floor, soft and comfortable. The one I received was not comfortable, the stuffing that they used was very stiff and the material very rough. The chair was also off gassing.

The chair smelled like gasoline.

This was not the only thing wrong with this rocker recliner. These chairs are NOT built as well as they were years ago. Every time, I went to sit on the chair, the chair would slide backwards. Every time you got up off the chair, it would slide backwards.

Which could be a hazard to someone getting off or on the chair. My old La Z Boy rocker recliner never did this. The new Lazy Boy rocker recliner's has a box underneath them which is made of a cheap wood. I did some research, and found people on other websites complaining about their chairs sliding too, even on a carpeted floor.

Did a review of the chair on their website, La Z Boy does remove bad reviews on their site. I was contacted by a La Z Boy customer service person by email. At the bottom of the page, it read tagged defect. A couple of days later, I received a call from the manager of the store, informing me they are going to pick up the chair.

Which they did, looking at the receipt they gave to me, I was only going to get a credit for a certain amount of money which was about $300.00 lower than what I paid for the chair. What you need to do is complain to your credit card company, the BBB and or the Attorney General's office in your state. Some of the La Z Boy furniture galleries are independently owned. But you can find out that information on your BBB site in your state.

It's sad to say I will no longer be a customer of La Z Boy. The quality of their furniture has gone downhill.

User's recommendation: Read all the information and reviews about La Z Boy furniture before you buy

Tim H Ftm

| map-marker Austin, Texas

Lazboy - Warranty
Lazboy - Warranty - Image 2

Bought new leather sofa set with four motorized reclining seats. One seat failed to operate later the day it was delivered.

It was easy to determine that the control module/board had failed; simply move it to the other three recliner positions and the failure follows the board. Online Lazyboy tech support numbers go nowhere. Have to hunt down a support number by calling the store. Told Customer Service about control board.

Technician arrives three weeks later, diagnoses bad motor, wire harness, and remote control, all of which are proven fine.

Tech won't listen to proven issue. Now will return in maybe a few weeks with the wrong part, will figure out it's the control module, then need to return some weeks later with the right part.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Showroom sales people are good
Cons:
  • Repair service is painful

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Recommend you avoid La-Z-Boy on the basis of poor customer support and poor product quality.

map-marker Baytown, Texas

Poor customer support, product reliability,Help in solving issues

I bought a $5000 plus sofa and they delivered it the day before Thanksgiving. I left out of town for Thanksgining and was gone 3 days.

Upon returning I postion the sofa and tried to program the romote controls. The control worked for the left side but the remote would not program for the right end. Called safeboy and wanted to exchage it. I was told since I had had it for 4 days I was past the 3 day exahge policy.

I took out extended warranty and they have sent two repair me out that could not fix it. They have picked up the sofa to fix but that has not happened yet.

Not the lazyboy treatment I was used to. Will never buy Lazyboy again.

User's recommendation: Don't buy Lazyboy. / I received a couch two months ago that has not been fixed.

Guest

Poor service and hold and hosting my car asking $7000 they are damaged my car take road test

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article