Update added by user Jul 17, 2016
Are you kidding the customer service rep told me to cover it because my sweat was reacting to the leather,oh yea cover a 1000. Recliner ,I want a replacement in cloth.
Update added by user Jun 02, 2016
The local store did replace the back and one arm,between the time they ordered and delivered theses replacement parts.the other arm peeled away.when the technician came,he asked me why I did not order the other arm I told him this happened in this short time frame so the next day , I called the store and they said that the technician said it was normal wear and tear,and it would cost me 150.+tax to get the other arm.this was the same technician that told me that the manufacturer just sprays the leather dye on and we have to use a mild soap to clean ,we have used the recommended cleaners,that the sales sold me.the sales person said this leather would last a long time with the leather care products we bought,so my $1,000. Recliner with on peeled arm sits with a cover on it because this peel will probably happen to the parts also replaced again.
Original review posted by user Jun 01, 2016
I sent pictures of my chair to lazy boy customer service Rep.,and they agreed to replace arm and back of recliner,this took 8 weeks to come in and by that time the other arm peeled away ,I figured to show this to technician when he came to my home .The one arm and back of my recliner was replaced the colors don't match and it is what it is .I showed the repair person the other arm and he stated this is mostly caused by sweat and we should have cleaned up the sweat with mild diluted dawn detergent.The technician also said that the dye was most likely sprayed on at the factory and that's how they do it theses days.We purchased the leather protection solutions as recommended by sales person once a month,apparently wasted our money the technician said they don't tell you this they just sell.I told him I would not have purchased this sub standard leather if I had known this would happen .We purchased this 1,000$ recliner Feb.2015 at the east Orlando LazyBoy on east colonial dr.but because the technician reported normal wear and tear to the stores service Rep..
The customer service representative said It would cost me 150.To replace the other arm.Plus tax to replace.I have other leather furniture purchased from other stores and have never experienced this peeling leather.whats you view on this?
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Quality of leather
- Not good quality
- One year and leather peeling like sunburn
You May Also Like
- " NO MORE LAZY BOY FURNITURE FOR ME,MY FAMILY AND MY FRIENDS. BOUGHT 2 LEATHER SWIVEL RECLINERS IN MARCH 2015 WITH AN EXTENDED WARRANTY. ONE CHAIR STARTED PEELING..."
- "I have always liked Lazyboy recliners having owned three over the years. A couple of years ago I purchased a leather recliner and what a mistake that turned out to..."
- "We thought that the expensive leather construction was the way to go. On the left seat of the sofa, the thread wasn't pulled as tight as on the right seat. ..."
- "Hi I admin an Ashton Drake buy sell and showcase group on Facebook. I have over 12,000 members worldwide. I have seen several people showing their dolls, be they new..."
- "My husband bought me 2 dozen flowers for my birthday. $131.00 total Day two these roses began to wilt and head south. I called the company and was told they..."
- "I was making my travel reservations on Cheapoair for my trip to Boston- Athens, Athens-Santorini and Santorini-Athens and Athens-Bos. As I had to make separate reservations Bos-Athens-Bos, Athens-Santorini-Athens for the..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."