Update added by user Jul 17
Are you kidding the customer service rep told me to cover it because my sweat was reacting to the leather,oh yea cover a 1000. Recliner ,I want a replacement in cloth.
Update added by user Jun 02
The local store did replace the back and one arm,between the time they ordered and delivered theses replacement parts.the other arm peeled away.when the technician came,he asked me why I did not order the other arm I told him this happened in this short time frame so the next day , I called the store and they said that the technician said it was normal wear and tear,and it would cost me 150.+tax to get the other arm.this was the same technician that told me that the manufacturer just sprays the leather dye on and we have to use a mild soap to clean ,we have used the recommended cleaners,that the sales sold me.the sales person said this leather would last a long time with the leather care products we bought,so my $1,000. Recliner with on peeled arm sits with a cover on it because this peel will probably happen to the parts also replaced again.
Original review posted by user Jun 01
I sent pictures of my chair to lazy boy customer service Rep.,and they agreed to replace arm and back of recliner,this took 8 weeks to come in and by that time the other arm peeled away ,I figured to show this to technician when he came to my home .The one arm and back of my recliner was replaced the colors don't match and it is what it is .I showed the repair person the other arm and he stated this is mostly caused by sweat and we should have cleaned up the sweat with mild diluted dawn detergent.The technician also said that the dye was most likely sprayed on at the factory and that's how they do it theses days.We purchased the leather protection solutions as recommended by sales person once a month,apparently wasted our money the technician said they don't tell you this they just sell.I told him I would not have purchased this sub standard leather if I had known this would happen .We purchased this 1,000$ recliner Feb.2015 at the east Orlando LazyBoy on east colonial dr.but because the technician reported normal wear and tear to the stores service Rep..
The customer service representative said It would cost me 150.To replace the other arm.Plus tax to replace.I have other leather furniture purchased from other stores and have never experienced this peeling leather.whats you view on this?
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Quality of leather
- Not good quality
- One year and leather peeling like sunburn
You May Also Like
- "Bought new cover for sectional, 3 months later saw a small tear in center of cushion. took pictures and find complaint, Oh reason I replaced cushion was it was tearing..."
- "We purchased a recliner in November of 2015. The chair needs to be aligned and the cushion replaced. White threading is coming through and it's a taupe color..."
- "Bought a brown leather double electric recliners couch in sept. 7 13. It is very good mechanically and electronics work fine. Less than a year later, the headrest leather began..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "PRISTINE, Megan Stotts was fully oriented on required painting 7 rooms w/connecting hallways, Stotts agreed to do the entire job for $3500, with a starting date of 12 November,2016. A..."
- "This website market's as an Australian website but it's managed by Systematic Trade Ltd in the U.K. No contact information or clear disclosure. They have 4 consistent "winners' who I..."
- "Mr/Ms WFG No-name from Nowhere. Please spare us your big fat lie about "many big earners" at WFG. It's total bull cr*p and you know it. Here I give you..."