Christmas, Florida
1.8
Style and Design

Update by user Jul 17, 2016

Are you kidding the customer service rep told me to cover it because my sweat was reacting to the leather,oh yea cover a 1000. Recliner ,I want a replacement in cloth.

Update by user Jun 02, 2016

The local store did replace the back and one arm,between the time they ordered and delivered theses replacement parts.the other arm peeled away.when the technician came,he asked me why I did not order the other arm I told him this happened in this short time frame so the next day , I called the store and they said that the technician said it was normal wear and tear,and it would cost me 150.+tax to get the other arm.this was the same technician that told me that the manufacturer just sprays the leather dye on and we have to use a mild soap to clean ,we have used the recommended cleaners,that the sales sold me.the sales person said this leather would last a long time with the leather care products we bought,so my $1,000. Recliner with on peeled arm sits with a cover on it because this peel will probably happen to the parts also replaced again.

Original review posted by user Jun 01, 2016

I sent pictures of my chair to lazy boy customer service Rep.,and they agreed to replace arm and back of recliner,this took 8 weeks to come in and by that time the other arm peeled away ,I figured to show this to technician when he came to my home .The one arm and back of my recliner was replaced the colors don't match and it is what it is .I showed the repair person the other arm and he stated this is mostly caused by sweat and we should have cleaned up the sweat with mild diluted dawn detergent.The technician also said that the dye was most likely sprayed on at the factory and that's how they do it theses days.We purchased the leather protection solutions as recommended by sales person once a month,apparently wasted our money the technician said they don't tell you this they just sell.I told him I would not have purchased this sub standard leather if I had known this would happen .We purchased this 1,000$ recliner Feb.2015 at the east Orlando LazyBoy on east colonial dr.but because the technician reported normal wear and tear to the stores service Rep..

The customer service representative said It would cost me 150.To replace the other arm.Plus tax to replace.I have other leather furniture purchased from other stores and have never experienced this peeling leather.whats you view on this?

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of quality of leather and not good quality. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of lazboy recliner and associated monetary loss in the amount of $1000. Lazboy needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned lazboy recliner in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Lazboy.

Had an Experience with Lazboy?

Comments

LaZBoy
Lazboy Verified Representative

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your chair.We are so sorry for your frustration regarding the peeling leather. Our team would love the opportunity to further investigate.

Please send an email to socialsupport@la-z-boy.com with your name, address and telephone number. Please include review #858181 in the subject line of your email.

Regards,