Update added by user Oct 14, 2015
LaZboy came to install the new cardboard part on September 22nd. It was the incorrect part and we were told they would mail out the proper part and contact us to schedule another appointment to have the couches repaired. It is now October 14th and we have not been contacted by them, nor have they sent out a new replacement part.
Update added by user Sep 24, 2015
In one picture I am pushing down on the armrest and you can see the frame bulging out where the cardboard has begun falling apart. Last I checked wood didn't disintegrate like that. You can feel the layers of cardboard in the armrest.
Update added by user Sep 24, 2015
I have uploaded pictures of the package our "replacement part" was mailed in, as well as our sunken down armrest AFTER the replacement CARDBOARD
Original review posted by user Sep 23, 2015
My fiance and I were on a quest for a good quality living room set.We went all over San Diego, through Ashley, Living Spaces, Pottery Barn, etc trying to find a comfortable quality set.
We settled on La-Z-Boy and bought a Jennings high leg recliner and an Asher reclining love seat with console. We spent over $3000 after purchasing all the protection plans... For a couch and a chair. We were fine spending the money because we were under the impression that what we were purchasing would LAST us several years.
Well not even a year after purchasing and the armrest on the loveseat is completely sunken down. The couch isn't made with wood, it's made with cardboard. Thick pieces of EFFING CARDBOARD. I grew up in a time where la-Z-Boy meant QUALITY.
I guess not anymore since I spent 2 GRAND on a 2 seater couch that is made of CARDBOARD. I called the warranty line and they sent out a "replacement part" for the armrest. It took over a week and 3 delivery attempts by UPS for a thin piece of rigid cardboard to be delivered to my doorstep. Good to see they're upfront with their customers about the fact that this sh*t is made of cardboard.
Most impressive. Please PLEASE do yourself a favor and don't give this company your money.
I'm not sure when their commitment to quality was compromised, but this *** isn't worth even a fraction of what they charge.I am PISSED.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Style and Design|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor quality
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- La-Z-Boy Asher La-Z-Time Full Reclining Loveseat
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a leather couch ( Owen) in 2013. This couch has discolored and quality furniture replaced one section last year in 2014. Quality has been very helpful and customer..."
- "I am not going to type out the entire story as it has been going on since 11-2014. The bottom line is the "premium fabric" the salesperson gushed over is..."
- "Bought this Expensive Leather Lazy boy recliner four years ago and the leather is peeling off as we sit. Upholsterer said it is bonded leather and pretty cheap covering. We..."
- "I've had this bed for approximately 9 years and just discovered mold growing in the air hoses. My mom has one as well and recently had the insides replaced because..."
- "We already left a review of Charles Brzezinski and CBCS but please disregard that review as it was forced out of us because Charles held our project hostage until my..."
- "Investigativeguy John Mattes uncovered a great federal program last year designed to help the unemployed.The program provided free gas cards for the unemployed so they could look for work. Does..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam; Good day!I've been calling your customer service and waiting for 20 minutes everytime i call, unfortunately never answered at all. Anyway,may i request your good office for a"..."
- "I always had a dream to buy one of the Lexus RX350 Model i bought this SUV used from Lexus dealership Hartford Connecticut and is one of the worst dealership..."
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."