Update added by user Oct 14, 2015
LaZboy came to install the new cardboard part on September 22nd. It was the incorrect part and we were told they would mail out the proper part and contact us to schedule another appointment to have the couches repaired. It is now October 14th and we have not been contacted by them, nor have they sent out a new replacement part.
Update added by user Sep 24, 2015
In one picture I am pushing down on the armrest and you can see the frame bulging out where the cardboard has begun falling apart. Last I checked wood didn't disintegrate like that. You can feel the layers of cardboard in the armrest.
Update added by user Sep 24, 2015
I have uploaded pictures of the package our "replacement part" was mailed in, as well as our sunken down armrest AFTER the replacement CARDBOARD
Original review posted by user Sep 23, 2015
My fiance and I were on a quest for a good quality living room set.We went all over San Diego, through Ashley, Living Spaces, Pottery Barn, etc trying to find a comfortable quality set.
We settled on La-Z-Boy and bought a Jennings high leg recliner and an Asher reclining love seat with console. We spent over $3000 after purchasing all the protection plans... For a couch and a chair. We were fine spending the money because we were under the impression that what we were purchasing would LAST us several years.
Well not even a year after purchasing and the armrest on the loveseat is completely sunken down. The couch isn't made with wood, it's made with cardboard. Thick pieces of EFFING CARDBOARD. I grew up in a time where la-Z-Boy meant QUALITY.
I guess not anymore since I spent 2 GRAND on a 2 seater couch that is made of CARDBOARD. I called the warranty line and they sent out a "replacement part" for the armrest. It took over a week and 3 delivery attempts by UPS for a thin piece of rigid cardboard to be delivered to my doorstep. Good to see they're upfront with their customers about the fact that this sh*t is made of cardboard.
Most impressive. Please PLEASE do yourself a favor and don't give this company your money.
I'm not sure when their commitment to quality was compromised, but this *** isn't worth even a fraction of what they charge.I am PISSED.
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor quality
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- La-Z-Boy Asher La-Z-Time Full Reclining Loveseat
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- " NO MORE LAZY BOY FURNITURE FOR ME,MY FAMILY AND MY FRIENDS. BOUGHT 2 LEATHER SWIVEL RECLINERS IN MARCH 2015 WITH AN EXTENDED WARRANTY. ONE CHAIR STARTED PEELING..."
- "Beautiful leather La-Z-Boy recliner? WRONG! These are pictures of the arms of our $700+ leather La-Z-Boy recliner after 3 years of use by an adult user who is..."
- "We thought that the expensive leather construction was the way to go. On the left seat of the sofa, the thread wasn't pulled as tight as on the right seat. ..."
- "My husband bought me 2 dozen flowers for my birthday. $131.00 total Day two these roses began to wilt and head south. I called the company and was told they..."
- "why my order to late to arrive ? it should arrive at my home at 12 January , i already call Lazada and Lazada already promise that my order will..."
- "They are horrible. I just got a coat. was supposed to be Medium, but is size XXXS or "zero." Won't fit anyone over the age of 10. I am out..."
- "Bought the complete system thru Costco QT548 plus 6 QM6006B cameras. DVR works great but cameras need to be reset every time that you start up the system or else..."
- "We already left a review of Charles Brzezinski and CBCS but please disregard that review as it was forced out of us because Charles held our project hostage until my..."
- "I purchased 5 mats from CocoMatsNMore.com for $214.59. They arrived frayed, unraveling, dry, and loosely woven. I complained to the company (Scott at 866-561-1921) within 7 days of their arrival...."