Update added by user Oct 14, 2015
LaZboy came to install the new cardboard part on September 22nd. It was the incorrect part and we were told they would mail out the proper part and contact us to schedule another appointment to have the couches repaired. It is now October 14th and we have not been contacted by them, nor have they sent out a new replacement part.
Update added by user Sep 24, 2015
In one picture I am pushing down on the armrest and you can see the frame bulging out where the cardboard has begun falling apart. Last I checked wood didn't disintegrate like that. You can feel the layers of cardboard in the armrest.
Update added by user Sep 24, 2015
I have uploaded pictures of the package our "replacement part" was mailed in, as well as our sunken down armrest AFTER the replacement CARDBOARD
Original review posted by user Sep 23, 2015
My fiance and I were on a quest for a good quality living room set.We went all over San Diego, through Ashley, Living Spaces, Pottery Barn, etc trying to find a comfortable quality set.
We settled on La-Z-Boy and bought a Jennings high leg recliner and an Asher reclining love seat with console. We spent over $3000 after purchasing all the protection plans... For a couch and a chair. We were fine spending the money because we were under the impression that what we were purchasing would LAST us several years.
Well not even a year after purchasing and the armrest on the loveseat is completely sunken down. The couch isn't made with wood, it's made with cardboard. Thick pieces of EFFING CARDBOARD. I grew up in a time where la-Z-Boy meant QUALITY.
I guess not anymore since I spent 2 GRAND on a 2 seater couch that is made of CARDBOARD. I called the warranty line and they sent out a "replacement part" for the armrest. It took over a week and 3 delivery attempts by UPS for a thin piece of rigid cardboard to be delivered to my doorstep. Good to see they're upfront with their customers about the fact that this sh*t is made of cardboard.
Most impressive. Please PLEASE do yourself a favor and don't give this company your money.
I'm not sure when their commitment to quality was compromised, but this *** isn't worth even a fraction of what they charge.I am PISSED.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Style and Design|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor quality
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- La-Z-Boy Asher La-Z-Time Full Reclining Loveseat
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I am sad to see so many people having the same problem we have, but nothing but a foot rest was offered to us 6 months ago. We have bought..."
- "I have always liked Lazyboy recliners having owned three over the years. A couple of years ago I purchased a leather recliner and what a mistake that turned out to..."
- "I paid $2966.01 for two custom made couches (one sofa and one smaller loveseat) at La-z-Boy Furniture Galleries, 7087 Academy Blvd Col. Springs CO 80920, on January 16, 2016. ..."
- "Molina withdrew $1066.02 from my checking account without my approval. This has caused a tremendous hardship to my payment obligations. My rent was due on Jan 1, 2015,..."
- "Investigativeguy John Mattes uncovered a great federal program last year designed to help the unemployed.The program provided free gas cards for the unemployed so they could look for work. Does..."
- "We already left a review of Charles Brzezinski and CBCS but please disregard that review as it was forced out of us because Charles held our project hostage until my..."
- "Last Thursday, my 2005 Dodge Ram locked down while driving a block from my house. It dropped the driveshaft and rear wheels locked. I found that there was..."
- "Soy consumidor de tecnología , y los productos son como en la descripción de la página web se indica. Llegan los productos en un paquete bien protegidos, y los..."
- "Your store in NJ did honor the $ 300.00 gift card which was given to me from Chicago store for purchasing the $ 6000 worth of furniture last year and..."