San Diego, California

Update by user Oct 14, 2015

LaZboy came to install the new cardboard part on September 22nd. It was the incorrect part and we were told they would mail out the proper part and contact us to schedule another appointment to have the couches repaired. It is now October 14th and we have not been contacted by them, nor have they sent out a new replacement part.

Update by user Sep 24, 2015

In one picture I am pushing down on the armrest and you can see the frame bulging out where the cardboard has begun falling apart. Last I checked wood didn't disintegrate like that. You can feel the layers of cardboard in the armrest.

Update by user Sep 24, 2015

I have uploaded pictures of the package our "replacement part" was mailed in, as well as our sunken down armrest AFTER the replacement CARDBOARD

Original review posted by user Sep 23, 2015

My fiance and I were on a quest for a good quality living room set.We went all over San Diego, through Ashley, Living Spaces, Pottery Barn, etc trying to find a comfortable quality set.

We settled on La-Z-Boy and bought a Jennings high leg recliner and an Asher reclining love seat with console. We spent over $3000 after purchasing all the protection plans... For a couch and a chair. We were fine spending the money because we were under the impression that what we were purchasing would LAST us several years.

Well not even a year after purchasing and the armrest on the loveseat is completely sunken down. The couch isn't made with wood, it's made with cardboard. Thick pieces of EFFING CARDBOARD. I grew up in a time where la-Z-Boy meant QUALITY.

I guess not anymore since I spent 2 GRAND on a 2 seater couch that is made of CARDBOARD. I called the warranty line and they sent out a "replacement part" for the armrest. It took over a week and 3 delivery attempts by UPS for a thin piece of rigid cardboard to be delivered to my doorstep. Good to see they're upfront with their customers about the fact that this sh*t is made of cardboard.

Most impressive. Please PLEASE do yourself a favor and don't give this company your money.

I'm not sure when their commitment to quality was compromised, but this *** isn't worth even a fraction of what they charge.I am PISSED.

Review about: La-Z-Boy Asher La-Z-Time Full Reclining Loveseat.

I didn't like: Poor quality.

1.8
Style and Design
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Lazboy Loveseat
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $3000
Preferred solution Price reduction

Had an Experience with Lazboy?

Submit review

Comments

Canastota, New York, United States #1235609

We bought a 1 1/2 recliner a couple years a go.We immediately had the same problem with the arms of the chair sinking in.

We called La-Z-Boy for warranty work. They sent a repair man with exactly what you said, card board. The repair man tried to blame us for sitting on the arms of the chair to cause it to break down. There is no way that anyone was sitting on the left arm of the chair, since it is next to an end table.

To appease us when he made the repair he used two,yes two pieces of cardboard instead of one. I thought that was very big of him (sarcasm). We will never buy la-z-boy furniture again. Our furniture of choice is Flexsteel.

Solid wood construction no cardboard.

We're having the same problem.The left arm of our couch started falling apart within 2weeks of getting it home.

We had to pay to have a technical referral furniture guy come over to look at it. He spent a whole 5 minutes looking at it, really wouldn't listen to all of my concerns.

Then trying to get through to customer service at lazy boy to check on our claim sucks!Glad we spent the money to buy a piece of ***!

STAY AWAY FROM LAZY BOY.I WAS ALSO UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT THEY SOLD QUALITY FURNITURE.

WE SPENT OVER $1200 ON 2 IMITATION LEATHER RECLINERS THAT STARTED PEELING OFF IN CHUNKS AFTER JUST 4 MONTHS.RIDICULOUS!!

To refer you in replies
Herndon, Virginia, United States #1038519

Lazboy furniture is NOT made of cardboard and there is NO cardboard in any of there furniture!The fact that you are saying this is the case leads me to think you were just told something you didn't like and are now making things up.

You can walk into any lazboy furniture store and flip any piece over, including the Asher and see that the side frames are made of hardwood OSB which is the same material used in contracting for roofing and flooring, so it has to be durable.

I know this because I used it, and I'm a contractor.Its the best and most sturdy wood to use...

nashc20
to To refer you in replies #1038639

It most definitely is made of cardboard.They sent the replacement part straight to my door, took the couch apart in front of my fiance.

It is made of cardboard.Pictures have been posted.