I was in the market searching for a new couch for my new apartment. I checked out La Z Boy because of my parent’s old La Z Boy sofa that I loved since I was younger.
I was greeted by a nice and cheerful sales lady.
I sat on a few models before sitting on the Collins which felt like a really comfy cloud with lots of depth in the show room. I made an impulse purchase on the Collins sofa and extended warranty after the sales lady sold me on the quality of La Z Boy sofas.
I received the sofa after waiting 8 weeks for delivery. The moment I received the sofa I was extremely disappointed. It was just not as comfortable as the model in the store.
The cushions seemed to break down really fast and these really large separations between the cushions started to develop making this couch become extremely uncomfortable.
After a year of trying to make due by shifting the cushions together I had enough and went to La Z Boy to complain. I had spent $1500+ on a couch that I cannot bring myself to sit on because of the lack of support.
After the technician inspected my couch, he concluded that the cushions are not defective they’re supposed to break down and become unsupportive after a year. La Z Boy 1 Year warranty on Cushions Complain Early People
However he concluded the arms are defective because the baffle has let go allowing the cushions to shift and move around more than intended, thus causing increased wear on the edges of the cushions that wear separating.
I have spent $1500+ 1.5 years ago on a couch that I am now planning on replacing.
This piece of furniture is so uncomfortable I find myself sitting on the floor in front of the couch using the flat front as a back rest.
Q: What are extended warranties for furniture?
Also bad reviews get squelched here, don’t expect to see many negative reviews or even this review. As well I’m sure La Z Boy writes some of their own reviews
Warranty is bad.
Extremely slow service.
Poor Extended Warranty
Would Not Recommend
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Floor model
What I disliked
- Slow delivery
- Slow service
- Poor quality
- Poor extended warranty
- Squelched reviews on web site
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- La Z Boy takes my sofa and replaces it with their display model. Who would purchase that sofa after sitting on mine?
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Bought a Lazy Boy Brutus Leather looking Recliner two years ago and now the material is flaking off the top section of the recliner. when I contacted Lazy Boy customer..."
- "I own aDouble Leather LazyBoy recliner that is now peeling where the leather is wrinkled on the arm after only24 months,only used 1/2 of that time.On right arm where my..."
- "We purchased 2 recliner chairs in jan 2013 for our in-laws in Florida. They only spend a few months a year in FL, and the chairs are kept in climate..."
- "My BF went to them, they told him he would be receiving a refund of $2400. After doing the calculations and after speaking to the CRA. The actual amount is..."
- "Im on a very limited income and it took me forever to save enough money for a good mattress (or so i thought)on February 15, 2016 i purchased a Restonic..."
- "We hired Shaun to do 3 murals in our home and I have referred him to friends who used Shaun as well. Everyone and I mean everyone who see's..."
- "I searched the web for best price on 32oz Minwax Spar Urethane. Found it advertised as sold by and shipped by Supply The Home. There was a price of less..."
- "Order 32 chairs, 12 of them either have scratch or nails through the back to the front. They never sent me any tracking numbers or delivery date even I called..."
- "Purchased the Olivia doll house twin over full on December 7th mid day and went next door to Denver mattress and purchased mattresses and accessories needed to go with it...."