I was in the market searching for a new couch for my new apartment. I checked out La Z Boy because of my parent’s old La Z Boy sofa that I loved since I was younger.
I was greeted by a nice and cheerful sales lady.
I sat on a few models before sitting on the Collins which felt like a really comfy cloud with lots of depth in the show room. I made an impulse purchase on the Collins sofa and extended warranty after the sales lady sold me on the quality of La Z Boy sofas.
I received the sofa after waiting 8 weeks for delivery. The moment I received the sofa I was extremely disappointed. It was just not as comfortable as the model in the store.
The cushions seemed to break down really fast and these really large separations between the cushions started to develop making this couch become extremely uncomfortable.
After a year of trying to make due by shifting the cushions together I had enough and went to La Z Boy to complain. I had spent $1500+ on a couch that I cannot bring myself to sit on because of the lack of support.
After the technician inspected my couch, he concluded that the cushions are not defective they’re supposed to break down and become unsupportive after a year. La Z Boy 1 Year warranty on Cushions Complain Early People
However he concluded the arms are defective because the baffle has let go allowing the cushions to shift and move around more than intended, thus causing increased wear on the edges of the cushions that wear separating.
I have spent $1500+ 1.5 years ago on a couch that I am now planning on replacing.
This piece of furniture is so uncomfortable I find myself sitting on the floor in front of the couch using the flat front as a back rest.
Q: What are extended warranties for furniture?
Also bad reviews get squelched here, don’t expect to see many negative reviews or even this review. As well I’m sure La Z Boy writes some of their own reviews
Warranty is bad.
Extremely slow service.
Poor Extended Warranty
Would Not Recommend
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Floor model
What I disliked
- Slow delivery
- Slow service
- Poor quality
- Poor extended warranty
- Squelched reviews on web site
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- La Z Boy takes my sofa and replaces it with their display model. Who would purchase that sofa after sitting on mine?
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I bought a leather recliner at Homegoods in January of 2015. It was a Lazy-boy in a taupe color. Now the color is peeling of in different places. I called..."
- "I have always liked Lazyboy recliners having owned three over the years. A couple of years ago I purchased a leather recliner and what a mistake that turned out to..."
- "My husband and I bought Lazy Boy Furniture because my mom has always bought it and it has always been the best and it is made in the United States..."
- "Roof is rusting after one year in Southern California with no rain or snow!!!! It is bad in spots with no defects or scratches that would allow rust to form...."
- "I ordered for our little league - all the kids were counting on me. I placed the order and paid. Printed the order confirmation and was excited. Then I got..."
- "I have become disappointed with the customer service I have received concerning the overpayment of my Miles Kimball account. I am disabled, on medication, and my income is important. I..."
- "Bought it. Loved it. It fit perfectly and was one of my favorite pieces. I followed care instructions precisely and it shrank dramatically. Dressbarn won't refund/credit me for it or..."
- "I sent in my LG G3 phone for repair in Sept. I received a status on 10/5 that if I want it repaired it would cost $72 which I agreed..."
- "The first time I ordered from them I paid $50 something dollars but never could get my order . I decided to try again and 3 out of 4 of..."