I was in the market searching for a new couch for my new apartment. I checked out La Z Boy because of my parent’s old La Z Boy sofa that I loved since I was younger.
I was greeted by a nice and cheerful sales lady.
I sat on a few models before sitting on the Collins which felt like a really comfy cloud with lots of depth in the show room. I made an impulse purchase on the Collins sofa and extended warranty after the sales lady sold me on the quality of La Z Boy sofas.
I received the sofa after waiting 8 weeks for delivery. The moment I received the sofa I was extremely disappointed. It was just not as comfortable as the model in the store.
The cushions seemed to break down really fast and these really large separations between the cushions started to develop making this couch become extremely uncomfortable.
After a year of trying to make due by shifting the cushions together I had enough and went to La Z Boy to complain. I had spent $1500+ on a couch that I cannot bring myself to sit on because of the lack of support.
After the technician inspected my couch, he concluded that the cushions are not defective they’re supposed to break down and become unsupportive after a year. La Z Boy 1 Year warranty on Cushions Complain Early People
However he concluded the arms are defective because the baffle has let go allowing the cushions to shift and move around more than intended, thus causing increased wear on the edges of the cushions that wear separating.
I have spent $1500+ 1.5 years ago on a couch that I am now planning on replacing.
This piece of furniture is so uncomfortable I find myself sitting on the floor in front of the couch using the flat front as a back rest.
Q: What are extended warranties for furniture?
Also bad reviews get squelched here, don’t expect to see many negative reviews or even this review. As well I’m sure La Z Boy writes some of their own reviews
Warranty is bad.
Extremely slow service.
Poor Extended Warranty
Would Not Recommend
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Floor model
What I disliked
- Slow delivery
- Slow service
- Poor quality
- Poor extended warranty
- Squelched reviews on web site
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- La Z Boy takes my sofa and replaces it with their display model. Who would purchase that sofa after sitting on mine?
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I have a recliner that is noticibly faulty. This is how they repaired a cushion that was destroyed by the mechanism that makes it rwcline. I paid 2000.00 for this..."
- "We purchased 2 recliner chairs in jan 2013 for our in-laws in Florida. They only spend a few months a year in FL, and the chairs are kept in climate..."
- "Bought 2 recliners 3/14. Developed rashes 1 month later but never realized it was the chairs. Things continued to get worse and after tons RX steroid cream and benadryl. I..."
- "You may have seen the ads stream across your social media accounts about some celebrity losing their job because they lost weight (Melissa McCarthy, for example) and all because they..."
- "Moss and Company abuses little old lady's and disabled people. Moss and company sues little old lady for reviewing her experience on yelp. The harassment Moss and Company and James..."
- "Everytime I eat breakfast at my local location, they never put herbs on the roasted potatoes unless I point out that they are missing. The first time when I pointed..."
- "I am writing to tell you about a charity scam making millions off generous consumers during the holiday season in Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Edmonton. It is a..."
- "I placed two separate orders within 15 minutes of each other on December 14th, one for the Sweet Peach Palette and the other for the Sweet Peach Collection Lip Oil...."
- "after being told they dont ship your order until the company has 200-250 orders to ship i expressed concern for why they charge for shipping and how they can ensure..."