Ottawa, Ontario
2.1K views 2 comments
100% full Not resolved

I was in the market searching for a new couch for my new apartment. I checked out La Z Boy because of my parent’s old La Z Boy sofa that I loved since I was younger.

I was greeted by a nice and cheerful sales lady.

I sat on a few models before sitting on the Collins which felt like a really comfy cloud with lots of depth in the show room. I made an impulse purchase on the Collins sofa and extended warranty after the sales lady sold me on the quality of La Z Boy sofas.

I received the sofa after waiting 8 weeks for delivery. The moment I received the sofa I was extremely disappointed. It was just not as comfortable as the model in the store.

The cushions seemed to break down really fast and these really large separations between the cushions started to develop making this couch become extremely uncomfortable.

After a year of trying to make due by shifting the cushions together I had enough and went to La Z Boy to complain. I had spent $1500+ on a couch that I cannot bring myself to sit on because of the lack of support.

After the technician inspected my couch, he concluded that the cushions are not defective they’re supposed to break down and become unsupportive after a year. La Z Boy 1 Year warranty on Cushions Complain Early People

However he concluded the arms are defective because the baffle has let go allowing the cushions to shift and move around more than intended, thus causing increased wear on the edges of the cushions that wear separating.

I have spent $1500+ 1.5 years ago on a couch that I am now planning on replacing.

This piece of furniture is so uncomfortable I find myself sitting on the floor in front of the couch using the flat front as a back rest.

Q: What are extended warranties for furniture?

A: ??????????

Also bad reviews get squelched here, don’t expect to see many negative reviews or even this review. As well I’m sure La Z Boy writes some of their own reviews

Defective product.

Warranty is bad.

Extremely slow service.

Poor Quality

Poor Extended Warranty

Would Not Recommend

Review about: Sofa.

I liked: Floor model.

I didn't like: Slow delivery, Slow service, Poor quality, Poor extended warranty, Squelched reviews on web site.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Lazboy Sofa
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $1500
Preferred solution La Z Boy takes my sofa and replaces it with their display model. Who would purchase that sofa after sitting on mine?

Had an Experience with Lazboy?

Comments

Forest, Virginia, United States #1268731

Extended warranties are not offered by La-Z-Boy, usually they are from Guardsman or some other company which in the business of selling product protection.

If you have a problem with a cushion degrading that quickly, you certainly shouldn't wait a year to complain, they don't grow back or get well.

A competent store manager could have gotten the cushion cores replaced anyway.

Don't blame La-Z-Boy, blame the store where it was purchased.BTW, 1500 for the Collins sofa in fabric is absurdly high, only about 899 in the US.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #1245759

Our Lazboy sofa and chair are falling apart too.The construction and material they use is a mess.

After one year, the stuffing shifted around and now my 3 year old Lazboy furniture looks like I got it at Good Will.I will never purchase anything from LazBoy again!